LC guru needed in PA/NJ/NY area (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone know of a good LC mechanic in the PA/NJ/NY area. I'm trying to find someone that knows FJ80s -- I need some work done and I'd rather not use dealer shops in my area. Thanks!

What type of work ya need? I know Kofer is in Trenton and there's a dude Jose in Montclair (both in Jersey).

I looking for a good LC or LX450 mechanic in the New York Metro area also.

Junk--you pointed me to a guy up in the Hacketstown area a while back...can't remember his name/location. Recall who he was?

Tom

I'm actually going to be pouring some serious $$ into my LC (probably new tfer case, maybe some differential work, upgrade suspension, etc.) and whatever I do I want it done right by someone who's worked on 80s alot. So it would be great to find an FJ80 genius to help.

Did somebody say "new transfer case"? :D I know where a guy could find one of those....... ;)

[quote author=snowcruiser link=board=2;threadid=5170;start=msg40458#msg40458 date=1063333832]
Try Up N Over Innovations in Aston, PA. Wayne knows his stuff and is experienced with 40s, 60s, and 80s. http:\\www.upnover.com[/quote]

I wouldn't waste my time there.

Kallen - not sure why you'd need a new tcase, but can hook ya up. Will pm you in the am with contact info. (Just got back from driving 10 hours and mounting the new rear bumper :flipoff2:)

[quote author=Scamper link=board=2;threadid=5170;start=msg40324#msg40324 date=1063302434]
Junk--you pointed me to a guy up in the Hacketstown [/quote]

Hacketstown? Don't think so. There's a good dude in Trenton, a good dude in Stewartsville and a good dude in Montclair. Trenton and Montclair are true cruiserheads. :flipoff2:

It was the Stewartsville guy I was remembering...sort of close to Hacketstown (they're both in NJ) :D

Can someone provide me with Stewartsville and Trenton contact info?

HIJACK ALERT!!!

[quote author=Junk link=board=2;threadid=5170;start=msg40513#msg40513 date=1063343940]
I wouldn't waste my time there.

Kallen - not sure why you'd need a new tcase, but can hook ya up. Will pm you in the am with contact info. (Just got back from driving 10 hours and mounting the new rear bumper :flipoff2:)
[/quote] :f

Got any pics of the new bumper?

HIJACK OVER

:)

Place in Stewartsville is ok4wd.com - call and ask for Chuck at 908.454.6973. These guys work on more than cruisers, but they are good guys and always stand behind their work. Chuck is a true cruiserhead and all the mechanics there are good guys.

Junk, I'm also looking for some service on my 97 LX450 such as adjusting the alginment, serving the axles and repacking the wheel bearings. Aside from Stewartsvile location, do you know of any good 80's series mechanic in NYC or CT area.

[quote author=wob link=board=2;threadid=5170;start=msg40550#msg40550 date=1063371942]
HIJACK ALERT!!! :f
Got any pics of the new bumper?
HIJACK OVER
:)[/quote]

Will post some later today. Just ordered the tube for the ladder, so hope to whip that out next week.
Hijack this :banana: :flipoff2: :flipoff2: :D

Montclair is a few mins out of NYC. Call Jose at:
19 LABEL ST, MONTCLAIR, NJ 07042
Phone: (973) 744-9267
:D

There's a good dude in Trenton, a good dude in Stewartsville and a good dude in Montclair. Trenton and Montclair are true cruiserheads.

Hello Kallen123
My shop has changed somewhat from what you had seen about a year or so ago
I can handle all the cool stuff that you need much better now (2 9000# clearfloor lifts :eek: and new trans jack too ) :D
shoot me an IM and I'll get back to you
As for anyone in the NYC area Im 15 mins off of 7A of the NJTP and about 5 mins from the NJT train stations in both Trenton (bad "Hood") and Hamilton (very nice )
Drop truck off I take you to the station and pick you up when done .
HTH some of you
Todd

[quote author=Koffer link=board=2;threadid=5170;start=msg40776#msg40776 date=1063423437]
Hello Kallen123
My shop has changed somewhat from what you had seen about a year or so ago
I can handle all the cool stuff that you need much better now (2 9000# clearfloor lifts :eek: and new trans jack too ) :D
shoot me an IM and I'll get back to you
As for anyone in the NYC area Im 15 mins off of 7A of the NJTP and about 5 mins from the NJT train stations in both Trenton (bad "Hood") and Hamilton (very nice )
Drop truck off I take you to the station and pick you up when done .
HTH some of you
Todd
[/quote]
Anyone looking to get theirs worked on, check out Todd. Good dude and knows what he's doing. Great cruiser collection too.

Anyone looking to get theirs worked on, check out Todd. Good dude and knows what he's doing. Great cruiser collection too.

Yes, yes, come see me as I have to pay for the "great cruiser collection" !!!!! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom