LC 200 mods (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Back to back brake jobs on the rear :mad: 3 weeks ago I had O'reilly turn the rotors (did a piss poor job of it) and put the trusty Wager pads on it. On the test drive to break them in I could tell the rotors were not true with vibration in the pedal. I ordered some Wagner rotors and dove back into it this weekend. I went back to O'reilly gave them the old rotors and pads they ruined of which they credited me for turning the rotors and gave me a new set of pads. The rear is good to go now but I still plan to go back and replace the TRD pads I put in the front and replace them with the the wagner as well. Thats the first bit of advice I got in the 200 forum I disagree with and wish I would have just stayed with the wagner pads I've been using the last 15 years without issue. I took the rear mud flaps off while at it and trimmed the flap away and kept the inner fender portions. Funny how such a small change gives it a different look. Will do the front as well when I dive back into the front brakes. Hope you ALL had good weekends :cheers:

View attachment 1891166

I like to rip the mud flaps off on a trail lol

I like to rip the mud flaps off on a trail lol

They may crack or tear but they are attached pretty good with clips and a few bolts but that sounds like good challenge to go try :D. Post up the pics of your build as you make the changes you are going with a different suspension, wheel and sliders so it'll be good feedback for the others :cheers: that color and wheel combo look awesome.
56757347_10157225767126972_1613593022396628992_n.jpg

got my fop kit in fri them shocks are huge ! brain at cajun will install that thurs along with the spa UCAs

Your Iron Man kit? the shocks are stout but as you lay under the 200 you'll notice it looks like it has 3/4 ton truck parts under there. Here is an inner tie rod posted yesterday in comparison to the Taco/4R/FJ inner tie rod.

296B0DA4-B54A-456F-9B96-5D8895ECC052.jpeg

Your Iron Man kit? the shocks are stout but as you lay under the 200 you'll notice it looks like it has 3/4 ton truck parts under there. Here is an inner tie rod posted yesterday in comparison to the Taco/4R/FJ inner tie rod.

View attachment 1960074
yea sorry fumble finger get me after I take my medical dummies late at night ... but yeah FCP pro shocks are huge and heavy !!!! bringing to cajun in the pm tom . where is the Allen head for the kiss crap I looked on sides didn't see never noticed anything like other posted ,

yea sorry fumble finger get me after I take my medical dummies late at night ... but yeah FCP pro shocks are huge and heavy !!!! bringing to cajun in the pm tom . where is the Allen head for the kiss crap I looked on sides didn't see never noticed anything like other posted ,

Gotcha bud @kjnarmyfj 👍 The KDSS valve is on the drivers side bolted to the inside of the frame rail before the rear axle. He shows it in this video

He makes it look easy lol

1st time was slow learning the tricks, second time would be easy and PK and I both bought the 24mm gear wrench to get to the rear upper shock nuts through the fender well. It makes things a lot quicker than an open end you have to go a half a turn at a time, its slow and painful :bang: the front is easy same as the other IFS setups on the Taco/4R just a little bit bigger on the components. The tough dog front shock/coils come as a complete setup with top hat its as simple as unbolt and bolt the new one in beats fooling with seperating the shock and coil. I added the factory Tundra spacer to the front to try to keep the suspension level after I add the rear drawers and gear in it. Since yours spent a brief stint in a salt area I would spray down the suspension bolts with some PB blaster or other to make the bolts cooperate, if it were me I'd also put a dab of antiseize on the bolts when he goes back together with it to make it easier on any future changes or adjustments :)

Last edited:
1st time was slow learning the tricks, second time would be easy and PK and I both bought the 24mm gear wrench to get to the rear top shock bolts nuts through the fender well. It makes things a lot quicker than an open end you have to go a half a turn at a time, its slow and painful :bang: the front is easy same as the other IFS setups on the Taco/4R just a little bit bigger on the components. The tough dog front shock/coils come as a complete setup with top hat its as simple as unbolt and bolt the new one in beats fooling with seperating the shock and coil. I added the factory Tundra spacer to the front to try to keep the suspension level after I add the rear drawers and gear in it. Since yours spent a brief stint in a salt area I would spray down the suspension bolts with some PB blaster or other to make the bolts cooperate, if it were me I'd also put a dab of antiseize on the bolts when he goes back together with it to make it easier on any future changes or adjustments :)

I dropped it )200) of a tBrians shop in Laf , I got under it and fluid filmed every thing last week , and sprayed pb blaster on the kiss crap this am, brain was like thanks for doing that , my dam upper arms were at the freight company by Pauls off walker road , get there this evening they said I could pick up today when I called this am , so I said perfect ill stop by grab stuff on way to cajun off road so brain can install users ect , well the lazy ass people told me they on back of truck and not unloading it till the am ... I was like so mad even asked if I could just grab that one box they said no .. so now I have to drive back in am and get the uppers and bring to Brian ... I got soooo much crap going on idk how I'm do that .. even go new living room furniture and 2 commercial shoots tom lol might be worth it to pay some one ,

im kinda scared as I read last night that on the 100s the iron man rear coils are to long and sit stupid high.. pray that's tnot the case with this ... every one sating run the ome ones .. goes we will see also home the tires dont rub looking and measuring today looks like it will be worse idk if so im go with the 18 " methods cuz they have a diff back space and diff tires

I dropped it )200) of a tBrians shop in Laf , I got under it and fluid filmed every thing last week , and sprayed pb blaster on the kiss crap this am, brain was like thanks for doing that , my dam upper arms were at the freight company by Pauls off walker road , get there this evening they said I could pick up today when I called this am , so I said perfect ill stop by grab stuff on way to cajun off road so brain can install users ect , well the lazy ass people told me they on back of truck and not unloading it till the am ... I was like so mad even asked if I could just grab that one box they said no .. so now I have to drive back in am and get the uppers and bring to Brian ... I got soooo much crap going on idk how I'm do that .. even go new living room furniture and 2 commercial shoots tom lol might be worth it to pay some one ,

im kinda scared as I read last night that on the 100s the iron man rear coils are to long and sit stupid high.. pray that's tnot the case with this ... every one sating run the ome ones .. goes we will see also home the tires dont rub looking and measuring today looks like it will be worse idk if so im go with the 18 " methods cuz they have a diff back space and diff tires

👍 I'm sure Brian appreciated that, also peace of mind for you that things will pull a part without any broken bolts like the lower shock bolts those jokers a extra long and harder material than you'd be able to find locally if they broke. Sorry to hear on the freight company going to text you but if I can help bud I'll go pick them up for you and drop them off to Brian. Not familiar with their rear coils and can't say I've read anything in the forums on them hope it turns out ok for you bud. Look forward to seeing it bud.

Good read on the oil consumption on higher mileage 5.7's
Liked this post -
"The 3UR-FE Engine Problems and Reliability
The 3UR-FE is the most reliable and durable engine for all UR engine family. The Toyota made over 1.3 million kilometers of durability testing for this engine. In reality, the 3UR-Fe can run more than 400,000 miles (650,000 km) smoothly with regular maintenance with using high-quality fuel and oil.

TFL blunder taking their 200 out with their LR, located in Colorado you would think they would take them on some better trails than the regular gravel roads the feature in their videos.

I needed my drawers finished for the Big Bend trip that got cancelled and turned into the Corona Escape trip I took with Scott. Here is the finished product of the drawers modeled after KISS drawer system using 8020 aluminum frame, skinned with furniture ply that Jude helped me with and covered in some outdoor rug carpet from lowes. The right drawer has a divider in the middle, the left is one big drawer for longer items as needed. With the 8020 it gives me the flexibility to reconfigure as needs require. I'm very please with the way it came out. I have lots of time in it when you do a one off build by looking at some pictures its to be expected. KISS just released his drawer wings for the 200 and a cutting board option if I did it again I'd probably just order his kit.
IMG_20200319_210758_009.jpg
20200317_194024.jpg
20200325_182120.jpg
90640192_3950560094954189_4233268888202117120_o.jpg

Very nice! I like your roof mounted water tank. With the black color it should be well heated by solar rays. How much does it hold?

Where did you guys escape the virus to? Looks like a real scenic and peaceful setting to get away!

Very nice! I like your roof mounted water tank. With the black color it should be well heated by solar rays. How much does it hold?

Where did you guys escape the virus to? Looks like a real scenic and peaceful setting to get away!

Thanks the water tanks came out great and will come in handy on future trips. We made a pair of them for the trip. Mine will hold 5 gallons and Scott's holds a little more than that 6/7 gallons. Unfortunately the cool temps in Arkansas and being under the canopy a lot of the time the temps never warmed up the water much so I sucked it up and danced to a cold shower, LOL. Scott heated his water on the stove to warm the temps and said it worked well.

We had a great trip for something that was planned on the go. Our Big bend trip was cancelled a day before we were set to leave and the stay at home order was going into effect the morning we left. The plan was to shoot up to the High Water Mark Trail and go from there. We spent two nights off the HWM trail at our favorite camp spot below roamed the area, then we set out to run the TAT which also runs across the same area and head east. I had already purchased the TAT trail maps for Arkansas and Tennessee and had them on my tablet so we ran the TAT to Arkansas/Mississippi border from there we set out for the Natchez Trace and road it South to Natchez and then headed home 👍

91332821_3976265629050302_6911805485502955520_n.jpg

91557966_3976265135717018_3751855268237934592_n.jpg

During the freakish cold spell we got a few weeks ago for 2 days I was getting air injection pump codes and it put it in a limp mode I could barely get it up to 40 mph. Rush ordered the delete kit from Hewitt GenII Secondary Air Injection System Bypass Kit - https://hewitt-tech.com/store/index.php?l=product_detail&p=82 and of course as soon as the kit comes in it warms up and no codes no issues 🤷‍♂️ I will keep it in the drawer should the issue arise again I'm tearing all that air injection stuff I can reach out.

20210208_120433.jpg

20210208_120445.jpg

Sad to see for the LC fan base in the states, would love to add a slightly used HE when I'm done with my contributions to UL.

579A528A-8075-4E42-8298-F71FDD7E7DD4.jpeg

Added the ICON wheels before our TAT trip earlier this year its the last time the 200 has been in the wild, hauled boats all summer for play, fishing and crabbing. For the next TAT trip it'll get a 12K winch and bumper with a dual battery kit :cheers: Still enjoying it

20210418_094447.jpg

20210421_173906.jpg
20210721_135748.jpg
20210812_115808.jpg

That's good to hear Larry. I'm joining the ranks of the more modern rig owners. It's not a 200 but a '13 GX460 that's already built and I know almost the entire history of the truck. I'm looking forward to wheeling in style with you at some point. ;)

IMG_3637.JPG
IMG_3638.JPG
IMG_3639.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom