Late model 40 seat options (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
What kind of seats will fit into 79 and later fj40's? i know 60 series seats will fit but they seem to be hard to come by. thanks

I know people that have used Dodge Neon seats. Pretty much a bolt in deal to your stock configuration. You just need adjust the mounting tab, by bending slightly, and you are home free.

Do not know if you found your answer, or replaced them already, but here ya go.

Should be able to find them at a u-pull yard pretty cheap..

my 1980 45 troopy (similar tub structure to 40's of same age) run toyota crown seats (don't know if you guys get them) with some custom brackets fabbed up

a friend with an 83 40 said celica seats are basically bolt in, don't know exact details

On my 79, I kept the sliders from the stock seats, then made brackets that bolt the seats to them. That way they bolt to the floor easily and still slide back and forth. My seats are from a 1st gen. MR2.

[quote author=bad_religion_au link=board=1;threadid=5934;start=msg51443#msg51443 date=1066277464]
my 1980 45 troopy (similar tub structure to 40's of same age) run toyota crown seats (don't know if you guys get them) with some custom brackets fabbed up

a friend with an 83 40 said celica seats are basically bolt in, don't know exact details
[/quote]

the last Crowns we got in the US were late 1960's, here is a local one owner 68 Crown, not sure if these seats would be an upgrade :D
31595253.jpg

31595310.jpg

sorry, not a crown, a cressider, mid 80's velour (P.O.)

still those crown seats look cool, always been partial to seats that look like that (dead serious)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom