Last Minute Quicky Day Run Tomorrow! (Sunday The 15th!) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
youtube.com
Hey Guys

I am going to do a last minute run of the Oriflamme Canyon truck trail tomorrow for some sight seeing and some picture taking.

Its an easy trail, stock rig could easily make it.

The trail head is located in Julian CA and dumps out into Borrego, or you can turn around and run the Rodriguez Truck Trail Back to Julian.

Its all super mild stuff, but i am itching to get out and take some pics and do some light wheeling.

We can meet at the Mobil in Ramona at: N33.03334 W116.88270 at 9am

Lemme know

Kevin, if you don't get any takers you are welcome to join Reid & I. We are starting at S22 mm11 around 7:30 and back up to San Felipe Rd probably around 8:30 or so. If you want my cell just PM me I will be on here later today. But it will not be just an easy road but stock vehicles like me will be fine or pay. :? J/K

Kevin, if you don't get any takers you are welcome to join Reid & I. We are starting at S22 mm11 around 7:30 and back up to San Felipe Rd probably around 8:30 or so. If you want my cell just PM me I will be on here later today. But it will not be just an easy road but stock vehicles like me will be fine or pay. :? J/K

Check your PM's! :D

I dont know where that area that you speak of is, but i am very interested in joining ya.

Can ya nail down the location and a good easy to find meeting spot??

I am way late on getting back to you, My Bad. I had a little get together with friends for my B-day but hopefully you log on before you leave. I already PM'ed you my Cell # so check ther and lock it in. We will be within 15 miles or so of where you wanted to go. We are meeting at 7:00 at the 79 & 76 intersection then makeing our way over past Ranchita to Mile marker 11 on S-22. Fro there we are take Old Cup Valley Road to Jasper Trail, hang a left onto Jasper trail to Riding & Hiking Trail and take that all the way to 78. We should be to the 78 by 8:30 +/-. We could meet up with you there were we plan to hit a few more big name washes.

Hey Mark

Thanks a bunch for letting me tag along with you guys!

It felt really good to get back out on the trail!

Here are a few photos:

IMG_1362small.jpg

IMG_1363small.jpg

IMG_1364small.jpg

IMG_1365small.jpg

Are those pictures representative of the trails you guys went on? What was the majority of the terrain like? Similar?

Man, I'm bummed that I miss your post. I would have joined. (just got the LC a month ago). :crybaby:

Anybody bring a GPS and have their nav tracks available? If so, I'd love to get a copy in a .gpx,.kml,etc.

Thanks, Lance

Are those pictures representative of the trails you guys went on? What was the majority of the terrain like? Similar?

We started at Mile Marker 11 off of S-22 on Tin Cup Valley Trail that had one spot you needed 4 Lo and this trail probably added the most pin striping. Then we turned Left onto Jasper Trail (Pics) and that was pretty much a dirt road but had some nice views and a nice straight stretch at the end with hills and valleys for high speed. Then we hit up Pinyon Wash that was pretty boring. It had a nice boulder area at the end but nothing too special.
After Kevin took off we did "The Slot" wich was a really decent drop off. Then we jammed over to Fish Creek wash to Sand stone Canyon where myself in the stock cruiser brushed a bolder with the front bumper corners and one rear flare. Turning around at the end I also dropped off a boulder crunching the bottom of my front bumper and bending up my license plate then dropping the back tire and just dinging my rocker. I GOT VERY LUCKY THERE... :eek: I think that's about it. Or what I have noticed so far.
I will be adding my pics tomorrow to the Before it get's hot thread on here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom