1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Landcruiser Survey Thailand

Discussion in '80-Series Tech' started by Asiarider, Dec 7, 2003.

1. Asiarider

Asiarider

I was looking at our Landcruiser market here in Thailand and made a small survey:

1. Is there a 92 Landcruiser in red ?? I found two !!! ::)

2. All 97 models here in Thailand are VX Limiteds with rear air, fridge and standard front and rear diffs. I couldn't find any other model. :cheers:

3. 90% of the 95 and 96 models have rear air but no fridge and 50% have front and rear diffs. ???

4. All models from 95 onwards have Toy OEM Bull bars, winch and rear tire carrier. :-\

5. There are a few Turbo Diesel LC's around. But most rigs are petrol version (petrol is cheap here). ;)

6. I didn't find even one lifted one or with mods. :'( All have very few miles even the old ones. :cheers:

7. The market is small with sometimes around 20 available cruisers.

8. A few LC 100 are in the market too. Very high prices but minimal miles. :-\

We are in a small country with a small market but here Landcruisers rule too :cheers:

Mike

2. drexx

drexx

07Dec2003 (UTC -8)

Red? If I'd guess correctly, are you of Chinese lineage? (I know it's supposed to bring good luck :D )

What engines and tranny models does Thailand have? I thought you guys had only the Prado? The 100-series must be imported through grey market, unless they were locally sold like the 80-series in the Philippines for a while, yes?

3. Asiarider

Asiarider

Drexx,

I can just order a LC 100 at any Toyota Dealer here. No problems. Why should they come through the grey market?

The 80's have 4.2 L Turbo Diesel or 4.5 L Petrol and we have in the 97 LC 80 still the A442F Tranny.

Mike

4. landtank

landtank SILVER Star

[quote author=Asiarider link=board=2;threadid=8515;start=msg72509#msg72509 date=1070826895]
    we have in the 97 LC 80 still the A442F Tranny.
    [/quote]

So not everything is better over there.

5. Asiarider

Asiarider

Rick,

of course not. You have many advantages that we can only dream about. :D

I think the 343 Tranny was solely produced for the US-Version of the LC 80. In Australia, Asia and Africa TOY used the A442F Tranny in all later models of the 80.

Mike

6. Pitbull

Pitbull

[quote author=Asiarider link=board=2;threadid=8515;start=msg72547#msg72547 date=1070833849]
    Rick,

of course not. You have many advantages that we can only dream about. :D

I think the 343 Tranny was solely produced for the US-Version of the LC 80. In Australia, Asia and Africa TOY used the A442F Tranny in all later models of the 80.

Mike

[/quote]

I alway thought that the A442F was the HD more durable transmission between the two? Thailand was a great R&R destination back when I was in the USMC 1969-71. I don't think many of the Marines were looking at LC's when they were there. :D