Landcruiser Survey Thailand (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I was looking at our Landcruiser market here in Thailand and made a small survey:

1. Is there a 92 Landcruiser in red ?? I found two !!! ::)

2. All 97 models here in Thailand are VX Limiteds with rear air, fridge and standard front and rear diffs. I couldn't find any other model. :cheers:

3. 90% of the 95 and 96 models have rear air but no fridge and 50% have front and rear diffs. ???

4. All models from 95 onwards have Toy OEM Bull bars, winch and rear tire carrier. :-\

5. There are a few Turbo Diesel LC's around. But most rigs are petrol version (petrol is cheap here). ;)

6. I didn't find even one lifted one or with mods. :'( All have very few miles even the old ones. :cheers:

7. The market is small with sometimes around 20 available cruisers.

8. A few LC 100 are in the market too. Very high prices but minimal miles. :-\

We are in a small country with a small market but here Landcruisers rule too :cheers:

Mike

07Dec2003 (UTC -8)

Red? If I'd guess correctly, are you of Chinese lineage? (I know it's supposed to bring good luck :D )

What engines and tranny models does Thailand have? I thought you guys had only the Prado? The 100-series must be imported through grey market, unless they were locally sold like the 80-series in the Philippines for a while, yes?

Drexx,

I can just order a LC 100 at any Toyota Dealer here. No problems. Why should they come through the grey market?

The 80's have 4.2 L Turbo Diesel or 4.5 L Petrol and we have in the 97 LC 80 still the A442F Tranny.

Mike

So not everything is better over there.

Rick,

of course not. You have many advantages that we can only dream about. :D

I think the 343 Tranny was solely produced for the US-Version of the LC 80. In Australia, Asia and Africa TOY used the A442F Tranny in all later models of the 80.

Mike

[quote author=Asiarider link=board=2;threadid=8515;start=msg72547#msg72547 date=1070833849]
Rick,

of course not. You have many advantages that we can only dream about. :D

I think the 343 Tranny was solely produced for the US-Version of the LC 80. In Australia, Asia and Africa TOY used the A442F Tranny in all later models of the 80.

Mike

[/quote]

I alway thought that the A442F was the HD more durable transmission between the two? Thailand was a great R&R destination back when I was in the USMC 1969-71. I don't think many of the Marines were looking at LC's when they were there. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom