Landcruiser 100 lacking power and using lots of fuel (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I did not notice a difference in fuel economy, but maybe that is mostly because it was way faster now, and I was using that power.

The economy can go op tp 8km/l / 18.8 mpg when I drive slowly and mostly highway. But most of my driving is smaller roads, and since the ironman suspension handles big speedbumps so good I don't really drive slow, bumps are fun now. Most of my driving is small sections of only 16km/10miles at a time, a few times a day.

I've driven the cruiser about 160000km or 100000 miles now and my real world fuel economy is mostly 6 to 7 km/l or 14 to 16.5 mpg.

When I drive a lot of dirt roads, sand, am loaded up, do a lot of off roading or am pulling trailers it may go even lower.
Did you took the techstream screenshots again and compare them to before. Please post them again if you have them.
Regards Johann

Long story cut short did the tirbo - which did improve economy some but still nonpower at low torque. Desperation resulted in looking at the pump - which was done - replaced with another genuine. Power at low revs has returned. Tthanks all.
Thank you for sharing your exp with your issue, i currently have a 2001 LC100 1HD FTE 4speed AUTO, i am facing the same issue with no power at low revs, when i reverse my car on hill, my car is shaking as hell when i press the pedal, i need to press very deep on the pedal to make my car move. I am really new to this car(because i got this from my uncle..) the pump you are refering is the water pump? Currently i know the thermostat is failing, not hot air, engine temp can't reach to middle even drove for more than an hour.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom