Land Cruiser Heritage Parts Project (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I went ahead and put in a request for a new driver's side seat belt assembly. While it may not be directly a "start, run, steer item," you can't do any of those three legally without a functioning seatbelt. AFAIK, none of those offering rebuild/reweb services has any certification or other formal relationship with Toyota - and the vehicle would be down while waiting for the itemsbb. And in the past, Toyota has emphasized wearing those belts by devoting an entire page to this topic at the front of the owners manual. Needless to say. as a high-use item that is constantly getting more use, this item will sell a bunch of units.

I went ahead and put in a request for a new driver's side seat belt assembly. While it may not be directly a "start, run, steer item," you can't do any of those three legally without a functioning seatbelt. AFAIK, none of those offering rebuild/reweb services has any certification or other formal relationship with Toyota - and the vehicle would be down while waiting for the itemsbb. And in the past, Toyota has emphasized wearing those belts by devoting an entire page to this topic at the front of the owners manual. Needless to say. as a high-use item that is constantly getting more use, this item will sell a bunch of units.
Be careful what you ask about, I was ridiculed for asking about new seatbelts🙄

Be careful what you ask about, I was ridiculed for asking about new seatbelts🙄
Hey Fellas, I just ordered a new drivers seat belt. Get em' while they last haha

It is the only one now available from Toyota.
Just got one ordered for the 96 LX 450 I'm driving now. Would have preferred oak, but mine was already seriously shredding, so wasn't going to last too much longer. Glad to see this.

Hey Fellas, I just ordered a new drivers seat belt. Get em' while they last haha
Who did you find new grey belts from? I’ve looked at a few Toyota parts places and they all seem to be listed as discontinued. (At least for my 1993). If you have a link, I’d greatly appreciate it!

Cheers!

I got a new drivers seatbelt for christmas (funny I seemed to remember ordering it myself)

you can go on toyota's official parts site and search for it. It will give you the closest dealers and their prices. Just searched it now and shows available.

73220-60270-B0

Not sure why you are finding it not available.

Good luck, I am amazed at how nice it is to have a new seat belt that retracts and works as it should.

John

Who did you find new grey belts from? I’ve looked at a few Toyota parts places and they all seem to be listed as discontinued. (At least for my 1993). If you have a link, I’d greatly appreciate it!

Cheers!
I ordered from these guys. Best price I could find.

I got a new drivers seatbelt for christmas (funny I seemed to remember ordering it myself)

<snip>

73220-60270-B0
It is the only one now available from Toyota.
So.... if someone wanted to also replace the PS belt with new..... My quick parts perusal tells me that's not an option (73210-60270-B0) unless I want to put in a drivers side belt, and deal with the shorter length. True?

Yes, I could get them rebuilt, but that's just not my steez, unless I absolutely have no way to get the red/white box.

Dan

So.... if someone wanted to also replace the PS belt with new..... My quick parts perusal tells me that's not an option (73210-60270-B0) unless I want to put in a drivers side belt, and deal with the shorter length. True?

Yes, I could get them rebuilt, but that's just not my steez, unless I absolutely have no way to get the red/white box.

Dan

Can't swap side-to-side. The inertia lockup will not work.

Yes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom