L Seat leather about to order- need input! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

SteelHunterFJ80

SILVER Star
Threads
As the title states I'm putting in an order for full leathers on front and middle row with L Seat. I have a 93 with grey interior. I have the choice of two tone and different stitch colors along with perforated or nonperforated. I don't think I want to put in perforated because some say it tears easier. Plus it's not that

What color combos do you all like? Looking for ideas.

Sounds like that matches the OEM look...I was thinking about doing two tone with black leather on the sides and dim grey in the middle non perforated.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
Got the beast done in grey....to give you an idea.....nonperforated.
front.jpg
front 2.jpg
rear.jpg

Wow that looks nice. Looks like good quality leather. Stitches look good too.

Non perforated looks nice and clean.

Last edited:
That sun filter on your windshield makes the seats look baby blue. lol. I thought I was going crazy.

I steer away from perf'd leather - esp if you have 4 legged buddies.

Buddy's wife with a Mercedes --her's came with perf'd leather the whole heat/cool seats -- they are black leather, but it never looks clean now 2-3 yrs after new (maybe they got it used,I thought it was new) -- like you almost need to use shoe black or leather dye where little cracks between perfs are in the "butt zone".

I ordered the Dim Gray with Dim stitching and non perforated. Now just need to install it in the 80.
IMG_5645.JPG
IMG_5646.JPG
IMG_5647.JPG

@Aloha Jen - Post up pics when you get that installed!!

I knew I didn't want black leather, but I'm liking the thought of darker-than-stock grey like what you have there!

You & the fella are contenders for "most pimped"/rehab'd LC's between the 60 & the way the 80 is coming along!

@Aloha Jen - Post up pics when you get that installed!!

I knew I didn't want black leather, but I'm liking the thought of darker-than-stock grey like what you have there!
Will definitely post pictures when it's installed.
The Dim gray is pretty close in color to the the OEM gray leather in there. I will see if I can get a side by side later today.

I still dont know how you were able to get ahold of lseat, i tried for 2 months, no contact. Look great though
It was pretty simple for me. I requested a color swatch of the Dim Gray from there website, got it 10 days later. Compared it to the stock color and was very similar. Placed an order on there website for a full set front and back, showed up on my doorstep 2 weeks later. I haven't installed them yet, so cant comment on how they fit or feel when installed. The set also came with door armrests, head rest, and center console covers....which was nice because I wasn't even expecting them.

I steer away from perf'd leather - esp if you have 4 legged buddies.

Buddy's wife with a Mercedes --her's came with perf'd leather the whole heat/cool seats -- they are black leather, but it never looks clean now 2-3 yrs after new (maybe they got it used,I thought it was new) -- like you almost need to use shoe black or leather dye where little cracks between perfs are in the "butt zone".

I had heard that perforated leather doesn't hold up as well and now its cofirmed. Plus up here in the Pacific Northwest it doesn't get that hot that often (except for this week, 109! :censor:). I more stoked about the seat warmers I'm putting in.:clap:

Last edited:
@Aloha Jen do you think they will fit over regular seatss, non electric...also, please send the site
I don't think so, the seats are a different shape from what I can tell. Plus mine have the side cutouts for all the electricals. Land Cruiser Heaven makes a leather and cloth seat cover for the manual seats I believe.

Anyone know the colors for the 40th anniversary two tone seats?

IMG_0192.JPG
I installed the L-Sear perforated style a couple of months ago and I am very happy with them. Also ordered a seat heater kit off of Amazon and wired them in during the install.

@bulldog77 - nice looking install. Which color did you go with?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom