KZJ78W Swaying issues (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all, just bought my KZJ78W and it sways and rolls pretty bad. Thought it just needed new shocks at first but just noticed I may be missing some stabilizer linkages. This prado has a significant lift and seems to have been previously used exclusively as 4x4/crawling recreational prado because it looks very customised. Please see attached pictures, was wondering if y’all see anything missing that may solve my problem?

AABC9547-275D-42A7-98DF-5B0C997A2A4A.jpeg

BACF6BC7-2100-4963-A0E1-B0CD801C5C64.jpeg

D38CCDE1-CC48-4267-9287-83BE43B285E4.jpeg

885D8C55-2D1E-45C7-94D6-2F0123C8E6B8.jpeg

Yep, missing panhards. Check front and back. Would not drive without them.

Rear panhard rod and radius arms have been replaced by some form of 3-link setup it looks like. Also, your rear sway bar is gone.

That's been very heavily modified. Probably is incredible off-road. It's going to take a lot of work to get that back stockish. Can you provide more pictures? Specifically pictures of the links, brackets driveshaft side of axles? Also picture of outside of the vehicle? I'd recommend not driving this thing on the highway until you have a qualified person check this over.

Naturally I'm sort of excited to see this setup. It's pretty rare to see.

Wow, thanks for the responses…luckily I live on a small island driving 60-80 kmh max, but I will be shipping to the states in 6 months, so I would like to make it highway safe. I don’t want to convert back to stock, just want to make it safer to drive. Sorry for the poor quality pictures, I’ll try to get some better ones of the whole vehicle when I’m less busy.

Cheers, Gents

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom