KZJ78 Window Failure (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Any ideas why my windows would stop working after battery replacement? I tested the full master switch in another KZJ78 and it works 100%.

I have the same issue with my left rear window. Swapped out the drivers side main switch and no go. Paid for diagnostics and they hooked up 12v power directly to motor and said it didn't work for them but then yesterday on my way to lunch I tried and it worked : / So that can't be a correct diagnosis correct?

I have the same issue with my left rear window. Swapped out the drivers side main switch and no go. Paid for diagnostics and they hooked up 12v power directly to motor and said it didn't work for them but then yesterday on my way to lunch I tried and it worked : / So that can't be a correct diagnosis correct?
There are various methods on You Tube showing corrections for this, you will have to reprogram the unit, which is no great thing.
Check that you have received the correct unit, the units look the same but have different model no.'s for various models.
If the switch works locally up and down, then there would not appear to be a problem with the door switch, if however you jump the connection +/or
use a multi-meter, you should be able to check the switch on the Master Switch. If no current via multi-meter when operating door switch from drivers side then it is probably in the Master Switch.
As an example, suppose the Master Switch will lower the rear window but not raise it, if you can both lower and raise at the local door switch, i believe the motor works correctly and wiring is O.K.
Now you can try to see if you can make contacts on the bottom of the Master Switch when operating from drivers side, you should have a power draw lowering and raising the window. If you get power draw to lowering window but nothing from trying to raise it, I would expect a problem at the Master Switch.

There are various methods on You Tube showing corrections for this, you will have to reprogram the unit, which is no great thing.
Check that you have received the correct unit, the units look the same but have different model no.'s for various models.
If the switch works locally up and down, then there would not appear to be a problem with the door switch, if however you jump the connection +/or
use a multi-meter, you should be able to check the switch on the Master Switch. If no current via multi-meter when operating door switch from drivers side then it is probably in the Master Switch.
As an example, suppose the Master Switch will lower the rear window but not raise it, if you can both lower and raise at the local door switch, i believe the motor works correctly and wiring is O.K.
Now you can try to see if you can make contacts on the bottom of the Master Switch when operating from drivers side, you should have a power draw lowering and raising the window. If you get power draw to lowering window but nothing from trying to raise it, I would expect a problem at the Master Switch.
I did dig a bit deeper into it and basically took to the door panel off and hit the switch and I can hear a faint click from the switch activating the motor but the motor won't kick in full action. So I'd say the motor is bad. I think the motor working intermittently is showing that its on the way out. Thanks for the feedback. Going to order a motor.

Before you order a new motor it might be worth putting a jumper across the pins to test it for sure and rule out the switch. I’ve had switches pass a continuity test but fail to provide enough current to their load.

I did dig a bit deeper into it and basically took to the door panel off and hit the switch and I can hear a faint click from the switch activating the motor but the motor won't kick in full action. So I'd say the motor is bad. I think the motor working intermittently is showing that its on the way out. Thanks for the feedback. Going to order a motor.

Maybe try taking the motor apart for cleaning and re-greasing it? Usually the motors stop working because the factory grease dries out and attracts dirt.

Had this problem with a power door lock motor and opening the motor to clean and regrease it solved the problem.

Cool. I'll do those things tomorrow at my shop. I did have a motor order from Dubai but they refunded me for some reason. I don't think it was a stock issue. There was another amount they needed to charge around $19USD and I didn't see that email for the invoice. Confusing...

Before you order a new motor it might be worth putting a jumper across the pins to test it for sure and rule out the switch. I’ve had switches pass a continuity test but fail to provide enough current to their load.
Cool. I'll do those things tomorrow at my shop. I did have a motor order from Dubai but they refunded me for some reason. I don't think it was a stock issue. There was another amount they needed to charge around $19USD and I didn't see that email for the invoice. Confusing...
So I just pulled the motor which is good. I hooked it up directly to the battery and it works in both directions by reversing the leads. So not what? Move to the closest switch and check continuity? How do I do the jumper procedure?

Just hooked up to the test light to the closest switch and unplugged the motor and it is lighting it up in both directions. Closest switch looks good.

Hooked up the multimeter to the closest switch and it rolls over 12.2v in both directions. Tried the drivers side switch and nothing in either direction. So how can check it?

Found a faulty connection in the rear passenger switch. Checked it with an Ohm meter and 3 out of the 4 terminals worked. Ordered a pair of switches. Will replace the other side too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom