kzj78 Turbo exit size (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Question... What is the size of the exit at the turbo. Thinking about making my own turbo-back exhaust and was curious what the opening size is?

Thanks

On the KZJ78 / 1KZTE its very small as it has a goose neck . I made a new exit / dump pipe from large 3 inch pipe. Works great.
DSC06245.JPG

DSC06255.JPG

Oh I see there are some shops that make a 2.5 and 3in down pipe.. most are in AU or NZ, now to see if any ship to the US.

Just be aware that not all 1KZTE dump pipes are the same. The ones on the late model Prado and the Surf / Hilux exit at a different point and wont fit the KZJ78. The KZJ78 pops over the chassis rail in the guard whereas the other go back and down...

Just be aware that not all 1KZTE dump pipes are the same. The ones on the late model Prado and the Surf / Hilux exit at a different point and wont fit the KZJ78. The KZJ78 pops over the chassis rail in the guard whereas the other go back and down...

Thanks, makes sense based off what I've seen regarding the different shapes for the same motor...

I'm talking to Kaiapoi Repowers in NZ about picking up their dump pipe for the KZJ78...

Appreciate all the info

I saw he had both. I was wondering what YOU went with. My gut says 3”, but if a 3.5” is sufficient and fits better...

Well from what I read 3 can reduce back pressure too much. 2.5 still gives a great boost over stock and clears the frame rail with a little extra space. Bigger air gap helps heat stay away from body.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom