Koni RAID 90 group buy (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone interested in doing a group buy on the Koni Raids. Target price is $800/pair. Please post your questions below.

Link to the Koni Raids.

The price will be for all four dampers. They are larger and longer than stock, I'll get the numbers. If there is a Land Cruiser of dampers, these are likely it. Rebound damping is adjustable, so they can work well with most springs.

IMG_3135.JPG

IMG_3136.JPG

IMG_3137.JPG

The Raids (90s) were originally developed for heavy/commercial truck applications. The tech was then applied to their race divisions (hence the “raid” naming). These shocks are extremely robust. The rear shocks are available in NA, but not the fronts. Best bet is to stack up some buyers to get in on some good pricing.

So these are 2.5" body, 7/8" shaft, progressive shocks with adjustable rebound... Sounds good on paper. Can you confirm this application is 7/8"?

I was gonna look for some Kings or Radflos, but these could save a lot of money, albeit without a reservoir.

As part of a group buy I put adjustable Koni’s on one of my street cars a few years ago. It’s like the shocks knew what was coming before I hit it. Absolute magic. I loved them.

Last edited:
KONi all day long.
766B0F49-8C42-402C-A393-47232AC8BCA0.jpeg

installed this on a Land Rover 99 and ride was 10x better it felt like ‘09 stock 200 series. Smooth as butter over uneven road conditions over bumps and cracks. Highly recommend the RAID type.

I have them on my medium weight (arb front, sliders, and drawers out back) LX470 with swayaway torsion bars and ome 866. I have them maxed out in the rear and maybe a half turn from max in the front.

It rides great but it sucks to be out of adjustment. Btw, it sucks to adjust dampening. It requires you to pretty much remove the shocks to adjust dampening and we all know how fun the rears are lol.

6A24155D-B67E-4AD0-B3D1-258EE6C431FE.jpeg
8AD1F0E9-D68F-47D7-B9DA-DB47AE12E894.jpeg

These shafts on these are 18mm.

The trick for adjusting the rear is to leave the top bolted in. Unbolt the lower eye, compress and adjust. Still a bit of pain, but better than being stuck with improperly valved dampers.

These shafts on these are 18mm.

The trick for adjusting the rear is to leave the top bolted in. Unbolt the lower eye, compress and adjust. Still a bit of pain, but better than being stuck with improperly valved dampers.

Do you not reinstall the rubber donut after adjustment?

Any idea how these are meant to compare to the heavy duty foam cell options offered by the other vendors? I've got an adjustable shock that doesn't require removal to adjust, just a turn of a knob. Curious what the benefits might be with these parts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom