Knuckle rebuild video (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hey Louis. Great job. I'm having a staring contest with this particular job and it looks much less intimidating in the video. I hope the re-assembly is equally encouraging.

Thanks for taking the time to make these!

Ya it is daunting at first, I have probably done about 40 sets of these things now and if I have all the parts can get it done in my driveway in about 4-5 hours with pressing bearings and installing new rotors etc. In a shop I would probably really haul ass.

Easy peasy though. The other vid should be done this week.

Thanks for watching and don't forget to subscribe!

Thanks for doing that video Louis, you make it look easy. I want to this job on my truck this year yet, so seeing it done first is going to make it go a lot quicker and easier. Cheers for that!

very well done
i do it slightly different but excellent video ... less than 5 mins to tear down ... WOW!! (J/K)

<i HATE doing that out in the bush when you have a busted birf, dirty, messy, disgusting job.>

Ya every one has their own way to do things, I used to have a second set of everything so I would have the hubs rebuilt and new rotors installed, new calipers loaded and ready to install - the whole job was over in no time.

I've never broken a birf on the trail, dammit shouldnt have said that.....

having a set already to install is a smart way to do it. i wish i would have thought of that.

Ya when I was importing I'd always have everything ready to go when a truck arrived, new drums, or drums turned and new shoes, new calipers, new rotors, it was a real time saver

Sorry for reopening an OLD thread, but I felt I needed to offer a THANK YOU to Louis.
I have been purchasing hub and knuckle bearings and seals for when I need to rebuild my knuckles.

As an extension on this, there's some videos on youtube by Low Range Offroad which are really good. They're for a beam axle hilux but the principal is the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom