Kings Chariot dishonest (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Also couldn't help but notice that there were no shots of the underside of the truck. Also it spent it's whole life in Illinois and hilton head SC. It spent it's entire life in the two most salt prone places on earth. I can guarantee you the underside of that truck is either completely eat up with rust or has had por-15 slathered all over it to try and cover it up. It also had over 100,000 miles in 2009. Seems strange for it to only have 19k more added in 13 years. Even though if it were someones 2nd vehicle at their vacation home I guess that part is possible. I also find it funny that they put a traditional suspension on it and then couldn't even be bothered to remove the ahc reservoir under the hood. I guess that just goes to show the quality of work they do on their "overland builds".

I can't be the only person that finds the "Kings Chariot" moniker off-putting by itself.

Also couldn't help but notice that there were no shots of the underside of the truck. Also it spent it's whole life in Illinois and hilton head SC. It spent it's entire life in the two most salt prone places on earth. I can guarantee you the underside of that truck is either completely eat up with rust or has had por-15 slathered all over it to try and cover it up. It also had over 100,000 miles in 2009. Seems strange for it to only have 19k more added in 13 years. Even though if it were someones 2nd vehicle at their vacation home I guess that part is possible. I also find it funny that they put a traditional suspension on it and then couldn't even be bothered to remove the ahc reservoir under the hood. I guess that just goes to show the quality of work they do on their "overland builds".

The mileage isn't that odd. My mustang has 1200 miles in 8 years and my lightning 17,000 in 10.

Anyone ever use these guys for service?

For regular service or aftermarket build work, they seem to be well known / liked in various regional off-road forums/groups.

Buyer beware of Kings Chariot.com- (Land Cruiser/Lexus 470's & ARB sellers. Purchased vehicle from them i live out of state. They guaranteed the vehicle had no leaks. Right? 1999 LC, 141K. Vehicle had PS leak right off the delivery truck, CV boot spewing grease, radiator hose leaking and cross-threaded and broken bolts from the Old Man Emu install. Contacted the dealer at Kings Chariot and they gave me the run around, acted like they didn't believe me. I even had a quote from the Toyota dealership. The vehicle needed a new steering rack. Had to threaten to file a complaint to the Florida attorney general and BBB. He finally sent me a check, ended up losing money on the repairs...
I too have found them to be unscrupulous. I purchased a very expensive Land Cruiser from them and have run into a nightmare. The cooling system was filled with Stop Leak to conceal a head gasket leak. Upon notifying Mario (the owner), his first response was "you should have bought a warranty". The Stop Leak gummed up everything from the thermostat, water pump, heater core, radiator to the head. Ultimately, every single one of those items had to be replaced after a year of chasing down random episodes of overheating. Mario is one of the shadiest people I've ever done business with.

I too have found them to be unscrupulous. I purchased a very expensive Land Cruiser from them and have run into a nightmare. The cooling system was filled with Stop Leak to conceal a head gasket leak. Upon notifying Mario (the owner), his first response was "you should have bought a warranty". The Stop Leak gummed up everything from the thermostat, water pump, heater core, radiator to the head. Ultimately, every single one of those items had to be replaced after a year of chasing down random episodes of overheating. Mario is one of the shadiest people I've ever done business with.
Good to know. Sounds like a common theme from what I have read on here.

Unscrupulous? Amazing ! Why dont you tell the truth? Why dont you say you sent it in to BBB and they blew your false complaint out of the water? Why dont you give the facts?

Really not surprised by you. Your first complaint was a lie and this is the same lie from another angle.

Heres the actual and factual BBB complaint response.

Business response​

06/23/2022
Vehicle was purchased 9/24/21
Customer was happy with the vehicle and made no complaints about the vehicle at arrival.
Customer did not call or text about any mechanical issues until 6/22/22.
Customer did not buy nor was a warranty issued.
Customer signed federal docs saying he understood there was no warranty.
9 months later the vehicle has a mechanical failure and customer expects us to fix his truck.
We do not issue warranties. We do make sure the vehicle has no issue at time of sale. We have met our contractual agreement.

No known and hidden head gasket leak is found 9 months after purchase.

Your blackmail for a free head gasket replacement 9 months later didnt work. Your reverse psychology un unscrupulous dealing didnt work either.

I shipped you an exceptional truck with no issues. Youre Welcome.

Responses and issue closed as false.

When you specialize in a certain type of vehicle and present them as being some of the best examples available along with the highest prices, people expect you to stand behind that statement. But asking a shady used car salesman, which is essentially what Mario is, to not be a shady used car salesman is like asking a dog not to be a dog. It's just not gonna happen.

When you specialize in a certain type of vehicle and present them as being some of the best examples available along with the highest prices, people expect you to stand behind that statement. But asking a shady used car salesman, which is essentially what Mario is, to not be a shady used car salesman is like asking a dog not to be a dog. It's just not gonna happen.
People who buy new expect a warranty because one is clearly issued.
We dont sell on an impression or a misspoken word. We sell based on 11-13 page documents very clearly saying what each person in the agreement expects.
If you want a warranty, BUY ONE. We sell them.

We have always stood by any vehicle we sell at the time of the sell. Anyone, private or dealer should do the same. No one, private or dealer stands behind a used vehicle 9 months after the sale. If you expect that without a purchased warranty you're on medication.
There are federal docs for people who live in that world to make sure that neither the seller or buyer has an impression that there is a warranty when there isn't one and not one when there is one. We aways use that doc.

If you think you can call someone you bought a used car from 9 months after the sale with not a single word spoken until that time and even remotely think that the private seller or a used car dealer will fix that blown head gasket that very clearly occurred 9 months after the sale, you are crazy or you think you can blackmail them to fix it. Well it's been tried here once again and it doesn't work. We sell way too many rigs to happy buyers. I have many many repeat buyers.

For perspective's sake, heres pics of everyone we've sold.

Last edited:
We dont sell on an impression or a misspoken word. We sell based on 11-13 page documents very clearly saying what each person in the agreement expects.

We have always stood by any vehicle we sell at the time of the sell. Anyone, private or dealer should do the same. No one, private or dealer stands behind a used vehicle 9 months after the sale. If you expect that without a purchased warranty you're on medication.
There are federal docs for people who live in that world to make sure that neither the seller or buyer has an impression that there is a warranty when there isn't one and not one when there is one. We aways use that doc.

If you think you can call someone you bought a used car from 9 months after the sale with not a single word spoken until that time and even remotely think that the private seller or a used car dealer will fix that blown head gasket that very clearly occurred 9 months after the sale, you are crazy or you think you can blackmail them to fix it. Well it's been tried here once again and it doesn't work. We sell way too many rigs to happy buyers. I have many many repeat buyers.
I'm not disagreeing with you. If you read my earlier post in this thread I encourage people to get an inspection and that your job is to sell cars, plain and simple. BUT, and this is a BIG BUT. Bigger that the big BUTTS that Sir-mix-alot was talking about. If people are willing to pay and exorbitant amount of money for your clearly and drastically overpriced vehicles, maybe they expect service to match the prices they are paying. Of course, you have no legal requirement to do so. But it might look better to people on here and on your reviews if you did this rather than leave fake google reviews for their businesses.

Also, I believe the last poster found head gasket sealer in the coolant system and they purchased the vehicle from you. We all know that that kind of repair is temporary. It will last a few months. People that know nothing about cars (which make up your entire clientele, because if they did know about cars they would know they were getting ripped off) aren't going to check the coolant system because they just bought the best land cruiser money could buy. So that means you either put it there to disguise a problem or you don't check over your vehicles like you say you do. But again, your're a used car salesman. By the way, a dobinson 2' lift does not make a "fully built" land cruiser.

For perspective's sake, heres pics of everyone we've sold.
I now know 3 things after reading this thread.
1- there are a lot of stupid people out there with too much money.
2- overlanding has officially jumped the shark.
3- this clown from kings chariot is a snake oil salesman and I would never buy one of his cars.

If I sold you a clapped out gx470 for a market price of $6-7k, and the engine blew… oh well.

If I took that same truck, got it detailed, slapped on some fuel rims, bfg’s, a Dobson lift and a roof rack, spray painted the seats, and then sold it as a fully built “overlander” that’s in “Pristine” condition for $25k then The buyer should be helped out and the truck made right.

1680410311912.gif

Also, I believe the last poster found head gasket sealer in the coolant system and they purchased the vehicle from you. We all know that that kind of repair is temporary. It will last a few months. People that know nothing about cars (which make up your entire clientele, because if they did know about cars they would know they were getting ripped off) aren't going to check the coolant system because they just bought the best land cruiser money could buy. So that means you either put it there to disguise a problem or you don't check over your vehicles like you say you do. But again, your're a used car salesman. By the way, a dobinson 2' lift does not make a "fully built" land cruiser.
It's mechanically impossible.

You're assuming and you really need to get your facts straight before you speak like an authority on head gaskets. 80 series headgaskets lose their seal between the cylinder and the coolant. There is nothing liquid that can be added to the oil or coolant that can in anyway withstand the high psi of cylinder pressure. Those snake oils will never work. We have seen many many bad hedgaskets on 80s and they happen without warning every 100-150k mile normally.

We never added anything to the coolant. Nothing will hold cylinder psi for a second, for a minute, for a week, for a month and surely not for 9 months. The guy above is lying about everything and you're standing on bad information.

Facts again:
He had the car for 9 months with no issue. He blew the head gasket 9 months after and we do not give lifetime warranties on anything. We do sell warranties.

I now know 3 things after reading this thread.
1- there are a lot of stupid people out there with too much money.
2- overlanding has officially jumped the shark.
3- this clown from kings chariot is a snake oil salesman and I would never buy one of his cars.

If I sold you a clapped out gx470 for a market price of $6-7k, and the engine blew… oh well.

If I took that same truck, got it detailed, slapped on some fuel rims, bfg’s, a Dobson lift and a roof rack, spray painted the seats, and then sold it as a fully built “overlander” that’s in “Pristine” condition for $25k then The buyer should be helped out and the truck made right.

Of all the rediculous things Ive read here you win.

So a guy buys a 97 Ford mustang with 250k miles from a Ford dealer and he pays more than 6k, 9 months later he blows the head gasket. The ford dealer because they know fords should just do the right thing fix the headgasket? Really?

If you being the authority of vehicle sales and Toyotas in general sells a car here in the classifieds are you stipulating by your feelings that anyone buying from you gets a warranty up to 9 months after the sale, because you will just do the right thing?

They make contracts for people like you. It matters not what youre on today or how you feel, all vehicle sales private or dealer are as is unless something is stipulated in writing or there is a warranty. All of our transactions clearly specify what each person is responsible for and will and will not do in the contract. We fulfill every contract 100%. We do not issue contracts by feelings.

Of all the rediculous things Ive read here you win.

So a guy buys a 97 Ford mustang with 250k miles from a Ford dealer and he pays more than 6k, 9 months later he blows the head gasket. The ford dealer because they know fords should just do the right thing fix the headgasket? Really?

If you being the authority of vehicle sales and Toyotas in general sells a car here in the classifieds are you stipulating by your feelings that anyone buying from you gets a warranty up to 9 months after the sale, because you will just do the right thing?

They make contracts for people like you. It matters not what youre on today or how you feel, all vehicle sales private or dealer are as is unless something is stipulated in writing or there is a warranty. All of our transactions clearly specify what each person is responsible for and will and will not do in the contract. We fulfill every contract 100%. We do not issue contracts by feelings.
If I paid 6k for a ford mustang and it blew a head gasket 9 months later, oh well. If I paid 30k for the same mustang, and it was described as having a thorough inspection and was “perfect”, and then the head gasket blew, I would hold the dealer responsible.

Mario, I see you and kings chariot as a leech of the Land Cruiser enthusiast community. Buyers beware.

If I paid 6k for a ford mustang and it blew a head gasket 9 months later, oh well. If I paid 30k for the same mustang, and it was described as having a thorough inspection and was “perfect”, and then the head gasket blew, I would hold the dealer responsible.

Mario, I see you and kings chariot as a leech of the Land Cruiser enthusiast community. Buyers beware.

Blowing a head gasket 9 months later is not the dealers fault.

Blowing a head gasket and finding evidence of attempts to mask it is the issue.

My issue would be paying a massive premium for a vehicle that’s been flipped and marketed as “pristine”.

My issue would be paying a massive premium for a vehicle that’s been flipped and marketed as “pristine”.

Most dealers are flipping rigs. If you want pristine you need to find a shop that actually reconditioned it or buy from a seller. That's just the way the game works.

It's mechanically impossible.

You're assuming and you really need to get your facts straight before you speak like an authority on head gaskets. 80 series headgaskets lose their seal between the cylinder and the coolant. There is nothing liquid that can be added to the oil or coolant that can in anyway withstand the high psi of cylinder pressure. Those snake oils will never work. We have seen many many bad hedgaskets on 80s and they happen without warning every 100-150k mile normally.

We never added anything to the coolant. Nothing will hold cylinder psi for a second, for a minute, for a week, for a month and surely not for 9 months. The guy above is lying about everything and you're standing on bad information.

Facts again:
He had the car for 9 months with no issue. He blew the head gasket 9 months after and we do not give lifetime warranties on anything. We do sell warranties.
I am actually VERY familiar with how they blow. I have replaced two on my own rigs myself. When the one on my first rig blew I only knew it because I was getting bubbles in the coolant reservoir. It ran perfectly fine, and probably would have for months. The previous owner could have put it in the system, and given the fact that you don't check over your vehicles very well, had no idea that it was in there. I mean, you remove the lx470 hydraulic suspension for a regular suspension and don't even take out the reservoirs. That's just lazy. I mean, you could take that out and have room for a second battery. That way you would be one step closer to have and ACTUAL overlanding rig and not just a cruiser with a lift.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom