Kids and Cruisers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Bryanseye

Inaffective Grammer Nazi
SILVER Star
Threads
Between pit of man's fears and summit of knowledge
Website
www.upstatecruisers.com
I try to keep my kids from being pavement bound and a capable vehicle is a great way to get to more wild places. They are still too spazy for my liking to make good maintenance assistants but are getting better. I have to make up other tasks for them to become more involved and this weekend we did a tuna can mod (1/8 :banana:). They already have paracord grab bars. Just trying to up their involvement/ownership in my hobbies. Anyone else? Of course, sometimes I use it to escape the kids.

IMG_0989.JPG

IMG_0985.JPG

Nice. I bet it gains a few horsepower based on the butt dyno.

My kids help me clean it because they get to use the hose.

My kids help with depreciation by destroying the inside, creating new door dings and the likes! I did actually get my son to turn a wrench on her until he got bored. There may be hope for him after all! He's 6 and daughter 8.

We got our first LC when our oldest was 10 and youngest was 3-4. They climbed in and out the sliding windows (always make sure they are all the way in before you pull away. The mom doesn't like it much if they are still on the tire when the truck starts moving.). We would take the 3rd row seats out for the drive in movies. They would lay on the roof and watch the stars, fireworks, and ball games. They started driving it as soon as their feet could touch the pedals. Whenever I worked on it there were places that my big dad hands just couldn't reach and I needed a 6 year old to help.

They all love that truck and it's part of the family. When my 2nd teenager totalled it everybody cried for the loss and he had a deep guilt complex. Not a bruise or scrape on his body though.

They are all over 6' tall now (except the one we don't talk about). When they first complained that there aren't enough cup holders or not enough leg room we explained that the alternative was a minivan, and we WOULD buy one of they kept it up. No more complaints...For 9 years. Nobody EVER fought over which seat to sit in, because every seat in a minivan is a good seat.

With all that I have one that enjoys working on them with me still. One that hates it, but loves Land Cruisers, and one that's up for anything because she knows that "If you want to have the fun you have to do the work." The oldest appreciates them, but has other priorities. She still loves camping, hiking, rock climbing, any outdoor adventure.

They have learned to love adventure and the tools that help them get there. They have confidence and vision. They know there is more to the world than sports and the people in our neighborhood. And they know, "Land Cruisers. Because everything else just sucks."

really liking the tuna can mod. I wonder if I can get some heat-resistant chicken of the sea labels made.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom