Key Lock/Fob Problem (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've noticed that my new-to-me 01 Cruiser has some issues with the door locks. When I bought it, it only came with the master key. So I ordered some key fobs and programmed them. While I was getting it into program mode I noticed that all three passenger doors do not work with they mast lock switch on the driver door. Same with the key fob. Oddly enough the rear hatch locks/unlocks.

It's worth noting that I had to replace the driver door lock actuator before all this. Is it really possible that all three other actuators are bad? Or have I messed up some kind of programming or mechanical switch??

I've noticed that my new-to-me 01 Cruiser has some issues with the door locks. When I bought it, it only came with the master key. So I ordered some key fobs and programmed them. While I was getting it into program mode I noticed that all three passenger doors do not work with they mast lock switch on the driver door. Same with the key fob. Oddly enough the rear hatch locks/unlocks.

It's worth noting that I had to replace the driver door lock actuator before all this. Is it really possible that all three other actuators are bad? Or have I messed up some kind of programming or mechanical switch??

You didn't 'mess' anything up. There is simply some electrical issue with the locks that will not respond to either the master switch (on vehicle) or your remote.

You didn't 'mess' anything up. There is simply some electrical issue with the locks that will not respond to either the master switch (on vehicle) or your remote.

Interesting. Any idea what the fix is?

Ok, here is my experience with this on my '04...first the drivers door would not lock/unlock with the remote/door swtich, now keep in mind that the truck does not know the difference between the two, the remote sends a signal for the master switch to lock/unlock and the master switch controls the others by sending a signal to do whatever it does.
All other locks on my truck would lock except the tailgate, it would lock and then unlock.

If I locked the drivers door manually (move the lock switch by the handle) all doors lock when I lock the truck, put it in gear etc. but if I do not move that lock, the other doors lock but tailgate locks then unlocks.

So I was thinking same as you, back actuator, then one day my drivers window would not roll back up, switch was lit, but no window.
Open close door a few times and window worked, sweet...until a couple weeks later same thing...

There were broken wire's in the drivers door wire harness, spliced them, everything worked as it should, until the splice broke. Now back to I can't roll my window down, drivers power lock will not work.
When I unlock the truck with the key I can unlock/lock all other locks via the drivers door.

I just ordered a new wire harness, it'll be here this week, I still need to order a new door Wallis and Grommet so I can fix it properly, I was waiting until spring, and spring is now here.

My point...check for a broken wire in the drivers door harness. I had to cut open my grommet to see the broken wires.
Your master switch is not sending the proper/strong enough signal for the other locks to work, most likely culprit, broken wire.

So, I went out and played around with it some more. It looks like it works for the first one or two times, then starts to slow down. It almost seems like my battery is dying. Very odd.

You have worn out door lock actuators.

Here you go...

Door Lock Actuator Replacement

You can purchase actuator motors from some vendors on Ebay or you can possibly do the Camary actuators that are mentioned in the last few pages of the linked thread.

There is also a manual way of programming the keys to lock/unlock the doors but it may take a couple of times to get it right.

100 land cruiser manual fob programming - Bing video

FWIW, I've been trying to get my new remotes to program, and after a few different methods that did not work, my locks all went goofy on me. I disconnected the battery for about ten minutes and it was back to normal. Still wont take a program, but at least the manual locking works again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom