Keeping Remote Start On When Touching or Unlocking the Vehicle (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

💯 %

My mdx system was aftermarket cellphone based. Worked anywhere there was a cell signal and used an app. I wish there was a similar option for the GX but couldn’t find anything when I looked a couple years ago.

Does anyone with lexus link or whatever its called have remote start? Does it use the sat link?
I recently got this and it works very well. Has the cellphone app and is completely plug and play, no splicing. First year of the app is included.

12Volt Solutions GX460

Got it with a Halloween deal for about $100 off or 20%, should be a similar deal around Black Friday.

Opening the rear barn door doesn’t kill the engine so just climb in there.
I just tested this and unlocking the barn door from the buttons on the door handle immediately kills the engine. So that's a bust.

This may give others ideas for the future

No idea why Jake’s operates like that. First time I have heard of that happening on a 460.

Jake: Do all indicators work not the dash showing barn door open and or raising of the barn door rear window on the suspension display?

I’m curious if his factory alarm would go off when manually actuated from the release within the barn door.

Mine is a 2010 as well.

You must have got a busted one : )

@Acrad Not sure I care enough to crawl all the way through to check (I know, it sounds like something I would do : ) Couldn't really see through the window well enough from the drivers door to check. Mine has always had this behavior. Comes in handy to let the dog in and out when I'm not quite ready to go.

Thanks! I wouldn’t expect you to dig into the door over this… I was just thinking out loud. :)

TBH… I never tried this on mine and will see what happens.

Jake: I posted your video on CL as well to see what other’s are experiencing. GX Bob is working on a solution as well.

Last edited:
Hey! I have this thing dangling from my windshield. Is this have something to do with remote start?

We;ve never had RS. When i bought the vehicle i was locking it and it started by itself! I have owned it for 1 month and still cannot figure out the witchcraft that makes it happen.

Thursday I was getting gas, then parking it to go into the gas station and locked it. When I came out, it was running. Is there a tutorial on how it works? It looks aftermarket, or maybe this dangling thing is not part of the system. Help!

dangle.jpg

Is there a tutorial on how it works?
Welcome! Not sure on the dongle. FCC ID means it has something to do with coms but should be attached to the truck, not in your hand. All the remote start stuff works through the key fob sensors and I don’t think thats one.

There’s a manual : ) most witchcraft is covered there. Linked in the sticky threads at the top of the forum and probably in your glove box as well. Id read it all the way through but here’s the RS cliffs notes:

To remote start push the lock button three times, holding down for a couple seconds the last time. If you are nervous about whether its locked and keep pressing the lock btn that can result in finding your car on after a Walgreens run. Stops itself when the doors are opened or after 20minutes, which ever comes first.

Good luck!

Directed Electronics 6866T Replacement Antenna and Cable for DS4 and DS4+ Systems​

Compatible with Directed brands:

• Viper
  • Autostart
  • Clifford
  • Automate
  • Astro Antenna has 4-pin connector on it
  • Cable is a 4-pin connector on both ends

Ok, so you guys don’t have the dongle. ThAt is good to know. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom