KDSS Manual Switch (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

While I have not done specific testing yet, just looking at the specs, and at toyota as a whole I think the kdss limit is set to level: nanny. I cant even type in my gps address going faster than 5mph so their choice of 12 mph is probably overly cautious. I'd venture a guess that up to about 25mph it may be useful. After that speed I think it diminishes in value vs the ability to control sway (weight transfer) in maneuvering offroad. Think off-camber sweeper on loose surfaces with outside weight transfer up high.
My experience with KDSS on mid atlantic trails (fire roads of varying condition) is that the 12mph limit for default soft is *just* a little low and they should have set it to 15 instead. If you're going above 25, the extra body control/stiffness is definitely the better choice. Between the OEM 12mph limit and ~20-25mph really depends on the conditions of your driving surface.

I feel like there are a lot of "15mph trails" in VA where I slow my group down because I am keeping it under 12 for the soft sways, but then later when those trails open back to more prepared fire roads I leave them in the dust because I can cruise at 20-30 while they're still going 15.

So I added the Dr. KDSS switch today and did some driving around my neighbourhood. Found a big increase in body roll when going around corners and roundabouts with the switch on (KDSS - off). Need to do more bumpy road testing.
Install is super easy. I didn't bother connecting the 2 wires that add light to the switch as I didn't feel comfortable using those t-tap connectors. It's pretty easy enough to see when the switch is 'on' by the light on the dash. Because of this, I didnt have to pull apart any panels, just reached up and popped out one of the blank switches and fed the KDSS connector through the hole.
I'm hoping this helps my intermittent body lean. Will be taking measurements over the next few weeks to confirm.

So I added the Dr. KDSS switch today and did some driving around my neighbourhood. Found a big increase in body roll when going around corners and roundabouts with the switch on (KDSS - off). Need to do more bumpy road testing.
Install is super easy. I didn't bother connecting the 2 wires that add light to the switch as I didn't feel comfortable using those t-tap connectors. It's pretty easy enough to see when the switch is 'on' by the light on the dash. Because of this, I didnt have to pull apart any panels, just reached up and popped out one of the blank switches and fed the KDSS connector through the hole.
I'm hoping this helps my intermittent body lean. Will be taking measurements over the next few weeks to confirm.
I have had my Dr. KDSS switch installed for about a year (maybe more). And I use it on specific roads. It works! But I can tell you it does nothing for the body lean.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom