KDSS correction mods needed for 3” lift? Tail wagging issue. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a heavily modified 200 series with stage 6 Icon suspensions. It is 3” in the front and 2” in the rear. I have Icon UCA’s and OME heavy coils in the rear. When lifting as high as I have are there any KDSS mods that need to be done or any other mods to correct suspension geometry?

I am also experiencing the side to side tail wagging that I would like to correct. Does a panhard rod upgrade alleviate this? Thanks!

I haven't installed mine yet, but just ordered this:

towards the bottom of the page for the 200s. I've heard they help a lot with the tail wagging.

If you haven’t done zero point calibration yet, you might have to do it. Especially if you’re getting VSC or other lights coming up during tail wagging.

That isn’t much of a lift, so I don’t think you’ve exceeded the maximum articulation of your KDSS, yet.

The adjustable pan hard rod will mostly just bring the rear end back into neutral position because the rear suspension gets shifted a little bit off to the side when you lift. I’d get one. I had one on my lifted 5th gen 4Runner with KDSS.

An adjustable panhard bar will only get you so far as the bar itself will still likely be at an angle when it should be as close to parallel to the ground as possible. An adjustable bar is good for centering the axle again, but the angle will still cause the axle to shift which gives the tippy/bouncy feeling. A panhard correction kit like the Eimkeith one linked above is what you need. I had a pretty bad side to side rocking in the rear when going over bumps (even while using an adjustable panhard bar) and the PCK fixed it entirely.

If you haven’t done zero point calibration yet, you might have to do it. Especially if you’re getting VSC or other lights coming up during tail wagging.

That isn’t much of a lift, so I don’t think you’ve exceeded the maximum articulation of your KDSS, yet.

The adjustable pan hard rod will mostly just bring the rear end back into neutral position because the rear suspension gets shifted a little bit off to the side when you lift. I’d get one. I had one on my lifted 5th gen 4Runner with KDSS.
No lights or anything. Just a bouncing back and forth. It can result in steering feedback which can have a snowballing effect.

towards the bottom of the page for the 200s. I've heard they help a lot with the tail wagging.
I installed this and re-adjusted panhard once back on ground. Wagging is almost entirely gone.

Note: I installed adjustable panhard bar before these risers were out, in hope that it would fix my wag (as well as the axle offset). The geometry fix of the PCK did the trick, but I have no idea whether the OEM bar would have fit.

I installed this and re-adjusted panhard once back on ground. Wagging is almost entirely gone.

Note: I installed adjustable panhard bar before these risers were out, in hope that it would fix my wag (as well as the axle offset). The geometry fix of the PCK did the trick, but I have no idea whether the OEM bar would have fit.
Thanks, good to know. Seems like I have heard from a couple of other guys that the stock panhard fits the eimkeith bracket. I might be wrong. I guess I will find out.

I'll get the correction bracket eventually and use it with my adjustable pan hard bar but for now the adjustable is working well enough for my expectations.

Thanks, good to know. Seems like I have heard from a couple of other guys that the stock panhard fits the eimkeith bracket. I might be wrong. I guess I will find out.

Stock panhard 100% fits without any issues with the panhard bracket. I just installed the bracket last week and am running the stock panhard. Also completely eliminated my "tail wag", on about 2" of rear lift.

Panhard c
I'll get the correction bracket eventually and use it with my adjustable pan hard bar but for now the adjustable is working well enough for my expectations.

It's a completely different thing and one doesn't really take the place of the other. If you're lifted high enough in the rear, say ~2"+, the panhard correction bracket will do wonders.

Does anyone have a contact method for eimketh? He only lists facebook and instagram. I use neither.

Pretty sure he's active here on the forum as well.

Thanks, I searched for that username and got "no results" but I'm probably not using search function correctly.
Pinging a username in that way will notify them on this board. He’s pretty active and will likely check in.

Does anyone have a contact method for eimketh? He only lists facebook and instagram. I use neither.

Pretty sure he has an online store. I don't have any social media and I was able to order.

Edit***

You can order from the link in your post.

Eimkeith.com

Pretty sure he has an online store. I don't have any social media and I was able to order.

Edit***

You can order from the link in your post.

Eimkeith.com

Can confirm successful order and fulfillment via the website method about 3 months ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom