Kaymar Rear Bumper on a LX570 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

supercarrera

I Like LEDs
Threads
Website
www.instagram.com
I was about to pull the trigger on a Kaymar rear bumper and realized the AHC components behind the rear passenger tire might cause some issues with the mounting brackets. I asked the suppliers and they weren't sure if the AHC affects installation or not and had not heard of an install on a LX before. They sent me the install instruction but I can't make heads or tails of the pictures of the brackets. Anyone know if a Kaymar can be installed on a LX without too much modification?

Hadn't even thought of that. Would definitely like to know what the compatibility is as I think they Kaymar rear bumper is one of the more refined solutions to rear armor.

The AHC pump sits where a bolt would normally go through the frame. Dissent rear comes with a new bracket that provides additional strength and mounting points for the passenger side.

Edit: after looking at this video again, it looks like the Kaymar only uses 4 bolts into the stock tow points (Look at 3:30 ) It may work actually...

I can dig deeper if you post up some Kaymar instructions.

Last edited:
Yeah from the vid it looks like it’ll fit as far as bolts go. Big caveat here! I bet there are built in supports under the kaymar bumper to support the wings. Are there any of these where the AHC is? Weneed a bumper shot uninstalled from above and below, and / or a installed pic of right hand side directly behind the wheel ( showing the braces To the wing not the wing).

No bueno, boys.
Found this thread and there are definitely wing supports that bolt through the frame. AHC pump is in the way.

AHC pump sits here:

9C2DA6CD-BCAB-4448-84FC-C7A38740C8C3.jpeg

Last edited:
I agree with @radman. I also think it looks like a relatively simple mod to fit. Drill out hole VERY carefully). Move AHC bracket (pump, reservoir, etc). Put bolts in backwards (head on AHC side) (and get MUCH shorter bolts). Tighten and move on. At worst you have to drill thru the bracket too. I don't recall anything being mounted RIGHT on the frame, I think a bolt head 5/16" thick would fit.

Measure first on rig before bumper order . . . .

Maybe ask Kaymar if their part is designed to fit cruisers with AHC? That is an option in other countries on the landcruiser, they've most likely dealt with this question more than compatibility on an LX.

I agree with @radman. I also think it looks like a relatively simple mod to fit. Drill out hole VERY carefully). Move AHC bracket (pump, reservoir, etc). Put bolts in backwards (head on AHC side) (and get MUCH shorter bolts). Tighten and move on. At worst you have to drill thru the bracket too. I don't recall anything being mounted RIGHT on the frame, I think a bolt head 5/16" thick would fit.

I can’t find anything on it but hasn’t someone done this already on here? As in relocated the pump to fit in a bumper?

I looked at the Kaymar for a long time due to it being one of the few that can fit big dual tires, and thought I remember seeing something about a pump relocate for the LX. If I’m wrong then maybe OP can be the first!

here's another thread:

Looks like the wing bracket will want to stick straight out through the pump assembly. Purple and blue circles in each pic for reference points. I don't see a way to fit the pump and wing bracket.

C1E9CD24-5BF9-4D5F-8F2F-F9C92EAADF39.jpeg

7897A73D-D229-4109-9789-8CBAFF148648.jpeg

DF6CBDAE-82E5-4C75-B1A8-E97AA564F7F9.jpeg

Last edited:
Looks like the wing bracket will want to stick straight out through the pump assembly. Purple circles in each pic for reference. I don't see a way to fit the pump and wing bracket.

View attachment 2380833

View attachment 2380834

Is there somewhere else near that area where the pump could go, instead of trying to fit everything in current pump location? Maybe somewhere near the front of the rear passenger wheel instead of behind it?

I know this isn't part of the conversation, but I really like the "look" of this bumper, specifically the way the wings are angled downward so that visually from the side the point at which is meets the edge of the tire is almost level w/ the sliders. Something just seems off when the rear is so high and tight that it goes parallel to the ground well above the line of the sliders. I dunno... could just be me?

Ok, so my bad. The video I posted above is not for a Kaymar - It's for an "Outback accessories" rear bar. the one in the video looks to be one piece with some weird dinky wing supports (video @ 6:54 or see below). It may actually work since the supports don't utilize the AHC area.

The Kaymar looks to be multiple pieces and needs the larger wing supports. My vote is still no on Kaymar, but yes for the one in the video.

1595476083727.png

Last edited:
Oh dang. The bracket and pump can be moved vertically, a previous member did this for an rlc bumper fitting. There is maybe a 1 1/2” vertical available.

Oh dang. The bracket and pump can be moved vertically, a previous member did this for an rlc bumper fitting. There is maybe a 1 1/2” vertical available.

😂 "previous member"

Here are the instructions I received:

Attachments

• LC200_rear_bar_fitting_instructions (NEW).pdf
    266.9 KB · Views: 419
Here are the instructions I received:

wow, those are terrible instructions 🙄
Seems like some cool dad could make better ones with an iPhone or something. Anyway, step 18 describes the wing supports.

I'm going to stick with my comments above.

Step 18 is the money step. Find the square hole, we still need a pic of the wing and wing bracket.

Step 18 is the money step. Find the square hole, we still need a pic of the wing and wing bracket.

grabbed these from one of the links above. I've continued my previous color markings.

0BFEB500-550A-4378-932E-90C3888954CA.jpeg

7CAC042F-78DD-47C8-9E9F-A899467366B5.jpeg

I’ve always went by the rule of where there is a will there is a way. Just order the bumper and I am sure the rocket scientists at mud will figure out a way to make it fit. But then again you did say “without too much modification”, so not sure what too much is but I’d be willing to deal with a lot for a nice rear bumper.

alternatively you can tell them to send one to me, and I will not rest until I hassle the mud-scientists enough to solve this puzzle ;)!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom