Kaymar Rear Bumper install thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Well, it finally arrived...:bounce::bounce2::bounce::bounce2:

IMG_3622.jpg

The box came first thing this morning. Quite a large box to be delivered to my home, but I was sure it would be a number of managable pieces inside.

I had a tough morning with my two boys (my :princess:was out...:mad:) and was stewing to get at the install.

I have managed to print a copy of the install instructions and separate all the contents. Here's a pic of all the parts (not including about 4 bags of hardware):

IMG_3623.jpg

I plan on doing the install over the weekend, while taking pics along the way. The instructions are pretty clear (we will see), so it seems this may be overkill, but hopefully helpfull to others.

I will post pics and updates as I go. If all goes well I will have a new rear tow bar bumper on the back before Monday. At this time I am not going to install the tire carrier or the jerry can holders. It looks as if they got a little damaged somewhere between Australia and the ultimate destination here in Canada.

Spent about 5 hrs last night installing the bumper only. I will do the tire carrier and jerry can holders later.

Here is a pic of the beefy mudflap holder with original bumper cut:

IMG_3627.jpg

Next pic shows the other side and a cover piece for the vents.

IMG_3631.jpg

The two exposed bolts above are fed through the frame rails (what a pain this was). These bolts hold the side or wing brackets shown in the next pic:

IMG_3628.jpg

Pic of the bumper cut, that is the parking sensor hanging down. I eventually unpluged it, and it now sits in the garage. This will be the last thing I do, even if I put it back on:
IMG_3625.jpg

Bumper on:
IMG_3634.jpg

IMG_3635.jpg

So far the install was about a 2 in toughness on a scale from 1 to 5. Not hard at all, just a bunch of teadious work. It is also something that can easily be done by 1 person. There wasn't a time when I thought I could use some help.

I have to wire the tail lights still, but this can wait until I find my trailer wiring harness. I will splice into that.

:cheers:

Looks great much cleaner looking than the ARB. I hope you can post up a few more detail pics of the finished product. Are there any instructions on how to mount the parking sensors? I find them usefull while parking my mallcruiser.

Looks good! Interesting how Kaymar does their brackets and how it's a split design, unlike the ARB.

It looks stunning so far,can't wait to see it completed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom