Katemcy rocks closes (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

kling-on

Kool Arrow
Threads
Website
www.texas4x4.org
Katemcy Rocks Closing - Pirate4x4.Com Bulletin Board

KATEMCY ROCKS CLOSES
All good things must come to an end. So it goes with Katemcy Rocks. We learned last week
that we are losing our lease effective June 30, 2009. The trust department that has handled
Jack Hays estate notified us that the property was not going to be leased to us again. The son
who inherited the property has decided he wishes to use the property exclusively for his
family, as is his right. They may eventually build a home on the property.
All the scheduled events we have listed before July will be held as planned. Events scheduled
after July will be moved up if time and logistics work out. We will be posting them up on our
website as things come together.
We are actively working on other possible land opportunities, but these are distant chances.
Consequently, if you want to wheel at Katemcy before its closed, you need to do so on or
before June 13-14, 2009. We currently have four more events scheduled before the end:
1. March 19-22Lone Star Landcruiser's Round up (closed event)
2. April 24-26 Lone Star Early Bronco's Roundup (closed event)
3. May 2-3 Baertrax's & Trail Duty's Customer Appreciation runs (open event)
4. May 23-25 Memorial Day Weekend Blowout (our last one - open event)
5. June 13-14 Texas 4x4.org's “Summer Run V” (open event)
If there is enough interest, we may cancel our Moab Easter Jeep Safari trip and schedule one
more open event on April 4-5. As it stands, Texas 4x4.org's “Summer Run V” will be our
last event at Katemcy Rocks.
It has been an honor and privilege to wheel this property for 8 years. We have meet so many
friends through the years and hope to see all of you back here at the Rocks before we close.
Happy Trails,
Randy, Shain, Pam, Casey, Jessica, Juanita, Jerry and Elaine

That sucks! i wanted to go to the round-up next year...

Hmm..maybe move the event to Boulder Creek (or whatever it's now called).

I am not speaking for Lone Star Land Cruisers.........but,

The way I feel right now, as far as I am concerned this is the last Roundup............

Butch

I am not speaking for Lone Star Land Cruisers.........but,

The way I feel right now, as far as I am concerned this is the last Roundup............

Butch

Always looked forward to meeting you and the rest of your crew but I was planning on driving down next year, ( pushed things kind of hard last year :steer: ) But hell ya only live once. Guess I will be spending the next few days sucking up to the wife and see if i can make this happen. Sorry to hear the park is closing Thanks for the heads up.

This is a big loss for all of us. Katemcy Rocks is one of Texas great spots not just for wheeling, but just to be there. Roundup does not have a reputation for the wheeling, but more for the people involved and the geography. Randy, Shain and family have always gone out of their way to make sure Roundup was a hit, and if it wasn't for Butch, Roundup would not be the hit it is today. My hats off to you guys, and I'll see you in a couple of weeks.
G

That's terrible.

This is a HUGE loss. This place is very unique. Maybe when the new owner releases how much money it can bring in, he will consider opening it back up.

I guess I want to remain poitive,that something else will come along. Mike

This is a HUGE loss. This place is very unique. Maybe when the new owner releases how much money it can bring in, he will consider opening it back up.

Randy says the one thing this guy has is the sentimental value of the land and money.

Always looked forward to meeting you and the rest of your crew but I was planning on driving down next year, ( pushed things kind of hard last year :steer: ) But hell ya only live once. Guess I will be spending the next few days sucking up to the wife and see if i can make this happen. Sorry to hear the park is closing Thanks for the heads up.

tell the wife that we'll all love her forever if she lets you go...having lived in a state with no (ok, well, one crappy little one) public areas to wheel and, at the time, no private places, i've really learned how special areas to enjoy our lifestyle is...nothing will stop me from attending this event now.

i know a lot of people in tlca/on mud/around the world don't have public land to wheel on, but losing a private wheeling area like this is a reason to help the states that do fight against land closures. consider this a very shameless pimp for everyone to jot down a few quick thoughts and send them off to representatives, senators, freakin' anybody reguarding our sport. many states are currently fighting land closures, but a great place to start would be tellico...there are threads here on mud.

rant off.

Last edited:
Yeah, I would think the Roundup would die with Katemcy. Having a Lone Star event in Oklahoma kinda defeats the purpose.

I know ICBM is a great ride and LSLC does it every year. Too bad it is at Gilmer :laughing:

JK, I thought Trees had more to do than Katemcy??

yeah, i would think the roundup would die with katemcy. Having a lone star event in oklahoma kinda defeats the purpose.

I know icbm is a great ride and lslc does it every year. Too bad it is at gilmer :laughing:

Jk, i thought trees had more to do than katemcy??

more trails but none as cool as k-rock

and now the very latest breaking news on Roundup '09
CONFIRMED!!

Marlin Czajkowski will be at the event.

John D, Hale and other artists will be doing an acoustic songwriters show on thursday nite.

John D Hale band is booked at the Peanut Mill in Mason on Sat nite so if ya want a good steak and some more music.........

going out in style baby...........

and now the very latest breaking news on Roundup '09
CONFIRMED!!

Marlin Czajkowski will be at the event.

John D, Hale and other artists will be doing an acoustic songwriters show on thursday nite.

John D Hale band is booked at the Peanut Mill in Mason on Sat nite so if ya want a good steak and some more music.........

going out in style baby...........

sweet I need to try and make it before the band stops

Wow! What a bummer no more rock'n in Katemcy.

I thanks my lucky stars that I made 3 Round Ups.

To all of you who made the Round Up possible, thank you. It was a top shelf, A+, no fool'n event.

devo

Hard to believe its the last year, lucky for me Nick made it possible for me to be thier.

Look forward to seeing this big playground.

Rob

Hard to believe its the last year, lucky for me Nick made it possible for me to be thier.

Look forward to seeing this big playground.

Rob

Not only that but you get to hang with Marlin one extra nite and ride to Katemcy from Ft Worth with him.............:D:D:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom