Just when you think you are safe.... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Seriously, Suspend SC is brutal on critters. Spray liberally and you'll be amazed by the body count the next day...

My six year old got stung on the toe last night by a little Bark Scorp. We iced it and gave her some kids fast melt benadryl. It got a little red and she cried when it first happen. I think we got really lucky because she had no real reaction to the sting. Today I'm calling in an air strike of diatomaceous earth and other chemicals. Bug and Weed Mart sells some good indoor and outdoor spray.

About two+ months ago my wife inavertently stood in a cluster of scorpions (bark scorpions are one of the few varieties that will cluster) while working in the yard which a handful quickly ran up her leg and they stung her about 30 times. (shorts and flip flops:frown:) She also had to have stingers removed that stayed in her foot. Tough gal, she was sick for about 10 days but didnt have to be hospitalized.

Since then we have tripled the efforts to kill off the food supply of crickets,etc and it has worked. Ive been only able to find two with the super black light in the past few weeks.

Packetstormin recently shared a similar story about being aggressive on removing the food supply and he cut his scorpion finds from year to year by around 90%...

I will share my solution with everyone in the hopes that everyone can cut down on these problem pest.

A little back info first though. I bought my house home in 09 in central Scottsdale where I didn't think there would be scorpions. Holy hell was I wrong. First summer I was in there I killed 139 outside and I believe we had 7 inside that summer. So we hired an exterminator for monthly service. I fired our exterminator spring of 2012 because the number of scorpions never dropped I found outside with a black light never below 80 and we would still get a few in the house. Since I started doing my own pest control I average about 40 found outside with black light now and zero in the house. Knock on wood.

So I started researching online what the best chemical to use was and I found a chemical called

image-2884662472.jpg

This is the same chemical the pros use but the difference is I mix it to full strength and they don't. See a nasty little secret in the exterminator business is if they kill all the pest then they are out of a job. I spray this product around the perimeter of my home and walls and walk ways. When mixed properly this stuff works great.

The second stuff I use is a granule and I put it down on my rocks and wash it in and it kills everything. So I cut down on crickets in my rocks and scorpions in my rocks since they love to hide in rocks.

There are a few places in town that sell this stuff. The place is called bug and weed mart. Google them to see if there is one close to your home. If not you can order both products online.

I have no affiliation with bug and weed mart. Just letting everyone know where you can get it locally.

I hope this info helps...

Justin

About two+ months ago my wife inavertently stood in a cluster of scorpions (bark scorpions are one of the few varieties that will cluster) while working in the yard which a handful quickly ran up her leg and they stung her about 30 times. (shorts and flip flops:frown:) She also had to have stingers removed that stayed in her foot. Tough gal, she was sick for about 10 days but didnt have to be hospitalized.

Since then we have tripled the efforts to kill off the food supply of crickets,etc and it has worked. Ive been only able to find two with the super black light in the past few weeks.

Packetstormin recently shared a similar story about being aggressive on removing the food supply and he cut his scorpion finds from year to year by around 90%...

Exactly, scorpions are tough to kill without finding them. But eliminate their food supply and they will die or relocate.

This is likely the reason for the cats kill scorpions shtick. Cats are effective exterminators, therefore, they out compete the scorpions for food and reduce their numbers.

Went hunting all around the property with the super black light last night and killed 7 of them. I use the squish method.

It seemed that the scorpions on the Palo Verde trees in my front yard were more skiddish than the fat lazy ones on the back yard wall.

Still caught up with them and smashed them tho. One fat one squished all his juice back one me when I smashed him. My wife thought that was pretty funny (and gross).

Going back out tonight....

Went hunting all around the property with the super black light last night and killed 7 of them. I use the squish method.

It seemed that the scorpions on the Palo Verde trees in my front yard were more skiddish than the fat lazy ones on the back yard wall.

Still caught up with them and smashed them tho. One fat one squished all his juice back one me when I smashed him. My wife thought that was pretty funny (and gross).

Going back out tonight....

Save yourself the smashing and buy some BrakeClean

Save yourself the smashing and buy some BrakeClean

I will finally have to remember to bring some home. I could of used it on one particularly quick one that ran up into the branches.

I'll miss smashing them and making "aargh!" noises tho' :hillbilly:

You can do them a favor by squishing them AFTER you hit 'em with the BrakeClean...and still make the "aargh" noise

If'n you really want to have fun, hit them with brake cleaner, light them up, then step on them.:hillbilly:

Got 12 last night including a fat momma with a bunch of mini me babies on her back:eek:

Before we bought our house a year ago, I had never seen a live scorpion. At the new house there is an infestation. Last season I hunted and killed 88 of them most of them in the driveway but a couple in the garage. This season I've counted about 20 so far.

I just use an LED flashlight as they are pretty easy to find. I either use the squish method or a large paint stick. If I want to catch them I use some long needle nose pliers and grab the tail. They immediately do a back flip and try to pinch the pliers. Then I drop them in a jar or something.

I have been using the Cy-Kick also and highly recommend it.

Luckily we don't get bark scorps here and ours are not very aggressive.

Sumbichin scorpions! :mad:

Killed a big one running by my wifes feet last Sunday...

Caught the first 4 of the season last week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom