June ROTM - 6/20 Pyeatt Draw (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm new to the forum. I have an 80 series locked on a 3.5in OME lift with 31s. How far from Phoenix sky harbor?

Welcome aboard:cheers:

Map to Payson-
image.jpg

Sounds like I should go keep an eye on Rudy while you're gone:beer:
I'll let Rudy know you'll be by for a beer. I will make sure he saves you a few.

Not trying to deter anyone from the run this Sat., but there is a potential for smoke. This is a news release from the FS:

"Flagstaff, Ariz., June 18, 2015, For Immediate Release — The lightning-caused Horse Tank and Camillo Fires continue to burn in a beneficial manner by restoring the forest and reducing the risk of severe fire. Fire Managers and crews are making calculated decisions on how to use these wildfires to restore the forest. Important tactics include allowing the fires to consume hazardous fuels with overall low severity and conducting burnout operations to dictate where the fire can move and when. Both fires are burning across the forest floor reducing fuel accumulations and promoting forest health.

HORSE TANK FIRE OVERVIEW
Yesterday:
Crews performed burnout operations throughout the afternoon to solidify western boundaries.
Today: Fire activity and smoke will be lower today, as it continues to smolder and creep in interior pockets of unburned fuels.
Smoke: Visible from Highways 260 and 87, I-17, Payson, Pine, Strawberry, Blue Ridge and the Verde Valley. There was an increase in smoke yesterday due to continued burnout operations, which was normal and expected. Smoke is anticipated to be lighter most of the day today.
Closures: Forest Roads 9366R, 9384A, 9381, 609 and a portion of 9361A.
Acres Treated: 1,518 acres (management area is approximately 5,000 acres)
Start Date: June 6, 2015
Location: Six miles north of Strawberry, south of Highway 260 near the junction with Hwy 87"

More info at the below link:
www.inciweb.nwcg.gov

I was a few miles east of Payson all day Thursday. Did not notice any signs of smoke off to the north west, but it was well over 100 degrees all afternoon, even when we were up around 6000 ft altitude. Bring lots of water for your trip. Have fun. I will be wheeling south of Young on Saturday. John

I was a few miles east of Payson all day Thursday. Did not notice any signs of smoke off to the north west, but it was well over 100 degrees all afternoon, even when we were up around 6000 ft altitude. Bring lots of water for your trip. Have fun. I will be wheeling south of Young on Saturday. John
Thanks John for the update...It's a dry heat.

I randomly got invited to a wedding last night for 6/20, so Im out.

Bummer - How does one get randmly invited for a wedding?

I randomly got invited to a wedding last night for 6/20, so Im out.
I am heading out today and will meet the group in Payson.

Bummer - How does one get randmly invited for a wedding?

Usually when one consorts with people of questionable character or just can't say no to anything. What little I know about Nick seems to fall in the latter category.

Last edited:
I am heading out today and will meet the group in Payson.
I am confused - thought you were going to hang out with Rudy Saturday and drink beer when I went wheeling? See you in Payson

Weather on the Rim is great!
Current temp (noon) is 80 F.

This morning's temperature was 48 F.

Skys are clear, stars were bright last night!

You know it, I say yes to everything. Also, it's a small 35 person wedding in my friends backyard

You know it, I say yes to everything. Also, it's a small 35 person wedding in my friends backyard

Nick,
I need some yard work done and house painted. You up for that being you say yes to everything? You crack me up...LOL.... have a good time at the wedding and will post pics of the trip.

You must really say yes to everything. Going to a wedding outside when it's going to be 115 over heading to the rim country where it's cooler with plenty of shade. I how the bride has a cute sister who is single to make it worth it.

You must really say yes to everything. Going to a wedding outside when it's going to be 115 over heading to the rim country where it's cooler with plenty of shade. I how the bride has a cute sister who is single to make it worth it.
Its these two, i know its going to be fun!
4aYUQ9c.jpg

Opps correct it suppose to be hope the bride has a sister. Which I don't see in the picture. I just know beer and heat do not mix well with me. I do much better in the cool pines trees barbequing where I can step back a little if it gets to hot.

:beer:

See you at 8am

If I show up there, will I be able to find you all? I'm a little late getting up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom