JT Outfitters, a dishonest business?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

JT Outfitters, a dishonest business??

Three weeks ago Sept 17 I ordered brakeline parts from JT Outfitters!
My credit card was charged right away.
To date October 6 I have not heard or received from them.

Six days ago I wrote JT outfitters about the whereabouts of my order.
No answer to date.

This smells foul to me! :mad:
What do you guys think?

i had a similar experience with them. why dont you call your credit card company and tell them what happened? they will deal with them right away and debit your card asap.

do a search and you will find opinions.

This, folks, is an example of unfathomable restraint on the part of Ige. Or maybe time has tempered the flame?

dishonest?

I don't think so.

incredibly inept. arrogant. piss poor communication. unable to meet even the most basic in customer service. relies on ebay and newbs because every informed cruiser head wouldn't even mention the name without spitting.

these are all things I've heard or experienced with JTO (ptew-splat)

Not intentionally dishonest.

I take that back. They will frequently lie to you about the availability of parts and the shipping dates, but they do not steal outright.

as far as I know.

My name is Eric, and I approve this message.

Isn't there two "JT" businesses? JTOutfitters and JT ring and pinion or something?

I hope the name similarities don't hurt the wrong people.

I honestly had never even associated the two, but I had formed my opinion of JTO long before I ever heard of JTR&P.

This, folks, is an example of unfathomable restraint on the part of Ige. Or maybe time has tempered the flame?

My name is Eric, and I approve this message.

I honestly had never even associated the two, but I had formed my opinion of JTO long before I ever heard of JTR&P.

X2 search here and on the old LCML

I disagree to a point. They charged his credit card. It's not the customers job to hound the business to get the order filled.

I am not so sure that the credit card was charged.
I work for a sales company and when we process a CC order where items are on back order the CC account (to the eyes of the card holder) shows a charge, but it is actually a hold on that amount that ensures the funds will be available when the parts come into stock.
I am sure if he had a zero balance and the only transaction was for this, his next statement will still show a zero balance owed as the charge will not be complete until the items have shipped. You technically have not paid for items that you have not received and I think this is part of your concern. It will show a pending charge for the amount being held against the BO items. Yes if you had a $500 credit limit and you have a hold of $250 you will only have an available balance of $250. It is a very fine line I know. This is just how CC transactions work whether it is @ Macy's or JT Outfitters.

Not saying what they are doing is right based on a customer service perspective, but this is a standard format for those companies who offer payments with a credit card.

I would just cancel the order and get the items elsewhere. It's not worth the hassle. Good luck!

I tried to order some fender flares for my 60 from these folks and same thing happened they even cancelled my order and gave no reason until i complained. Seriously doubtful that they will ever receive any $$$$ from me EVER!!:mad::mad: Since then i have decided not to waste the money on flares anyways. TLC is going to be AWESOME with out them.

dishonest?

I don't think so.

incredibly inept. arrogant. piss poor communication. unable to meet even the most basic in customer service. relies on ebay and newbs because every informed cruiser head wouldn't even mention the name without spitting.

these are all things I've heard or experienced with JTO (ptew-splat)

Not intentionally dishonest.

I take that back. They will frequently lie to you about the availability of parts and the shipping dates, but they do not steal outright.

as far as I know.
agreed....JTO should follow threads like this and adjust accordingly

thanks

Thanks, and we are NOT Affiliated in any way with JT outfitters.

Isn't there two "JT" businesses? JTOutfitters and JT ring and pinion or something?

I hope the name similarities don't hurt the wrong people.

Wow-nice rig 84cruzer!

I have an order about to be processed on another tab with JT Outfitters that I am going to cancel now after reading all of this. Can't risk the $ or the time.

Well I got on here to post a similar warning/complaint but now realize I should have done more research before buying from them. I am new to LCs and am excited about tooling on my 60. My smog pump seized, so in my scramble to get my DD back I found JTO and thought their website was very legit looking. So I quickly purchased. When i got the part I quickly inspected it and waited for the weekend for a friend and I to pull the old one. When we put the wheel on the new JTO pump, we realized it was seized. I called them the following week, they assured me if I two day shipped it to them then they would two day ship it back. So I waited till the following Friday, still hadn't come. I called the next Monday and the return lady didn't return my call. Called back tuesday every hour till I got her on her lunch break. She opened my return while talking to her, a week after she'd received it. Accused me of sending them a broken part and I kept their good one. Once I clarified that was the piece of Crap they sent me, she assured me that I would have my part by this past Friday.

Friday at lunch I got an email that my order had been fulfilled. I thought surely this does not mean they just processed my return. So I called. The dude who answered the phone assured me that he just put the label on my back (in a very proud voice) and that I would get my part next week. I let him know how pissed I was and that I wanted to talk to the return lady. When she called me back she made no excuse for why they had not shipped it when they said they would and no apologies! After I let her know how I felt, I let her know I expected at minimum a refund of my shipping back to them and she didn't believe me that I paid what I paid even though i have a receipt. She did agree to refund it.

I WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND THEM TO ANYONE FOR ANYTHING OTHER THAN WASTING YOUR MONEY!!!

Says here was in charge of $50million budget. Yep got shafted. (Wikicorp)

Joseph Turpin Owner - JT Outfitters Stokes County Commissioner Danbury NC​

Stokes County​

Nov 2002 - Nov 20064 years 1 month
Danbury, NC
Oversee an approx $50 million dollar county budget. Consider and Implement policy that helped citizens

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom