Jon Held: Dreamcrusher (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Catskills

SILVER Star
Media Partner
Threads
And I don't think I'm the only one who feels this way. I think people need a place where they can feel safe to share stories about how Jon Held has crushed their dreams, too, to allow themselves closure and a way forward.
IMG_20191025_165242.jpg

In case you don't know what he looks like, here you see him in his overlanding gloves.

I'll start.

#1. I rolled into camp at Fall Crawl and heard music playing as I set up camp next to Jon's rig. I heard a Paul Simon song I loved and exclaimed: I love this song! Is this your music?

Jon said: yes, it's mine, but I didn't turn this song on. This is terrible.

And he promptly turned it off.

My very first introduction to GCLC years ago, I had just spent the day wheeling Rausch with this crew. Jon is talking to the group about the day in the woods. He calls me up in front of everyone, I roll my chair up and park beside him. Waiting for stories of praise, at how talented this cripple guy was, the way he finessed his bulky FJC thru obstacle after obstacle . I am beaming with pride when out of his mouth comes, " Once you have HAD a man with no legs". I was crushed! Scarred for life.

Last edited:
Waiting for Mark to chime in. Should be days worth of reading.

I feel that his victims need to know that this is a thread that will have staying power.

Take your time, everyone.

@BirdManzFJ had #2, so this will be...

#3: Since I've been wheeling with these guys since 2016, they are all well aware that my 100 is lockerless.

Despite this, whenever I am struggling, Jon will say: "engage the lockers!"

Sometimes, for extra emphasis, he adds to this, "oh, that's right, you don't have any."

I can't stay silent any longer.

#4. Dave’s Place, 2019. The first time I met Jon Held. I pulled in with @CatskillsRunner and I was airing down her tires for her while she went to say hi to Jon.

From the other side of her truck, I hear Jon say:, “Whose legs?” I think @CatskillsRunner said something about it being her friend Kassy.

When I finished, I walked over to introduce myself and confirm that they were, in fact, my legs.

Me: “Hey it’s nice to meet you, I'm Kassy!”

Jon: “No no no!” He then stormed away.

That same day, Jon Held also called me annoying.

Lol and don’t forget how he torments our children not sure how long I can keep them in therapy
Well, they'll never mistake a bag of broken glass for rock candy again.
I consider that a life lesson.

2005 I believe. Gray hair does not always equate to experience learned. Some, with experience that should know better, keep making the same mistakes. :)

At this time, on the advice of counsel, I respectfully refuse to comment on any alleged actions on the part of Mr. Jon Held or any of his associates - named, unnamed, known or unknown. I reserve my right under the Constitution of the United States to comment in the future if and when statements made by others impune my good name or for any other reason deemed appropriate after consultation with counsel.

Sounds like a cop out to me. You 2 are connected at the hip (see, I'm being nice.)

Spill the beans. At least 1 good story.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom