Javelinadave's 1997 Series 95 Build Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Installed these bulbs in my gauge pod this morning. What a difference and a 2 minute job. I could hardly read the gauges beforehand. If you have not used LED bulb before they are polarity sensitive. If they don't light up, rotate the holder 180 degrees and reinstall.
IMG_4791.jpeg

Installed a Jensen wireless CarPlay radio today. Sounds so much better than the factory radio and the BlueTooth adapter.
IMG_4803.jpeg

Finally got my wife to ride in the Prado. She names all of our vehicles, the Prado is now named Yoshi. She cracks me up………

My Prado came with a chrome grill guard and a stainless steel ladder. I had them both powder coated black and I think it looks much better.
IMG_4998 2.jpeg

Last edited:
Stopped by the local Toyota dealer today to order new CVs. I asked about getting a new key programmed and the old school service writer opened up my key and said I don’t have an immobilizer. They cut a regular key and it started, no issues. Guessing the JDM trucks lack this feature.

Last edited:
Changed out both CVs and lower ball joints. I was so wrapped up in the project that I failed to take any pictures. Not to bad of a job, it only took about 2.5 hours thanks to a friend who has a 2 post lift in his garage.

Last edited:
Changed out both CVs and lower ball joints. I was so wrapped up in the project that I failed to take any pictures. Not to bad of a job, it only took about 2.5 hours thanks to a friend who has a 2 post lift in his garage.
It’s kind of crazy how simple that job is on these rigs…

Swapped out the A/C belt today. After buying and returning 2 belts the winning size turned out to be 46 5/8“ which my local NAPA had in stock.

Last edited:
Those look great! Where did you get the headlights? I'm contemplating doing the same thing with mine.
Got the trim pieces from a guy on Facebook and the LED bulbs are from Amazon.

Anyone know where to get a EGR block off plate for these rigs? I believe in AZ you don't have to test emissions for cars over 22 years old.

Anyone know where to get a EGR block off plate for these rigs? I believe in AZ you don't have to test emissions for cars over 22 years old.

Thanks mate,

Have you any problems with Phoenix pollution zone with EGR absent ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom