January ROTM 2017 - Dripping Springs - January 21 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

We had an awesome time Saturday! Thanks to CSC for being the best bunch to spend some quality off-roading time with. Here are a couple of pics. The 80 hit 262,000 on the drive back home! Also, so sorry to hear about your truck Matt we missed you and Roxy out on the trail. Let us know if we can help in any way.

IMG_7013.JPG

IMG_6703.JPG

IMG_6712.JPG

IMG_6715.JPG

IMG_6699.JPG

Ya nailed that sunset shot - good job!

Thanks Some would call it luck but 1 good out of 300 isnt luck just good odds:hillbilly:

How about the red taco pics

Here are a couple of photos Phil shot of me posin' on da rox (thanks Phil)

Tilt-Test
IMG_4272-small.jpg

Or why they call 'em sliders (made quite the screeching noise coming over this rock)
IMG_4273-small.jpg

Last edited:
Awwww man....looked like a good time (as usual). I was seriously thinking about bringing the kids. Big storm hit Friday and maps put us 3 hours from meet up, so... I slept in. :oops:

*Update on my ride that failed me on the trip to Dripping Springs...I finally had a few mins today to do some investigating: First, the throttle body and intake hose had about an ounce of engine oil in it. Then I ran a compression test and found cylinder number one with zero compression and an ugly crusty looking spark plug. Going on a work trip for a few days, hopefully I'll have time for more disassembly upon my return.

20170128_172603.jpg

Finally got around to a leak down test yesterday. Likely a broken ring on the piston in cylinder #1. All the pressure is blowing out of the crankcase. It's time to do my first engine extraction on a LC. Woohoo!

Finally got around to a leak down test yesterday. Likely a broken ring on the piston in cylinder #1. All the pressure is blowing out of the crankcase. It's time to do my first engine extraction on a LC. Woohoo!

Ouch!!! This would sound like fun if it were something that you had planned ahead for. Can you do a through the oil pan extraction of the piston? I have done this a few times in the past with good results.

Edit: Never done this on a landcruiser. Twice on chevy V8 and once on a ford I6

I know you said you would have to proceed slowly on this. Any progress taking the head off?

Just got the cams out Sunday. It amazes me what good shape the cam bearings and everything else are in after 237,000 miles. It appears this engine has never been apart.

Heading out of town for work today so hopefully the head comes off this weekend. I'm really anxious to see what happened.

20170402_171333.jpg

20170402_171355.jpg

Now we know...piston #1 doesn't look quite right :meh:

20170409_132714.jpg

That sucks

He's got the complete motor which I was considering but it's also high mileage. Mine's almost apart, so it's coming out. For all the labor and time I don't want to do it twice so it's going to get a rebuild when I can figure out the funds. Was really hoping it was a head gasket. Oh well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom