January ROTM 2017 - Dripping Springs - January 21 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Since I don't know the area I guess it will be camping n the back of the cruiser, unless someone says it will be trailer friendly.

I might try and make this one, not sure about the rest of the clan. Has anyone run this trail?

Here is the trails dot com review:

This area is dotted with historic mines and stone cabins. Stay clear of the Gold Nugget Mine, which is still active. Dripping Springs has a stone cabin and terrific Native American petroglyphs. This trail starts easy and gradually worsens. The last mile before Dripping Springs is challenging and requires some backroad driving experience. High ground clearance and good articulation are needed to drive up a couple of steep, rutted banks and squeeze through a narrow rocky canyon. The last part can be hiked but it is strenuous. Many roads crisscross the area and it’s easy to get lost. GPS is highly recommended. You need not get all the way to Dripping Springs to have fun. Serious four-wheelers will want to take the more difficult exit route after Dripping Springs. Dangerously hot in summer. Flash floods possible.

I'll pack for camping. I still have a lot of the breakfast stuff frozen from the rained out camping trip. I make a pretty mean breakfast

Looks to be shaping up for another great run of the month ~

I have done this trail twice,last time being a couple months ago.Most of the trail is very easy and only takes a couple hours to get to the springs.I have never wheeled with a trailer so it's hard to say if it is trailer friendly but once you drop down into the wash there are some pretty tight turns.

So far that is 4 of us wanting to camp. What about @Cruddz , @verruckt1 , @Abigail ?

Yeah I'm in for the camping IF I can make it, some work stuff may interfere. I'm thinking worst case is I can catch up to you later in the day if I can figure out where you all are. Definitely want to go. Will know more later next week.

Well I am in for the day trip only. Couldn't get the wife to go for an overnight.

Well I am in for the day trip only. Couldn't get the wife to go for an overnight.

Darn. Be extra nice to her this week and ask again on Friday? :D

No problem Ron, we will have to manage a more meager breakfast. It will be interesting to explore an area on the west side of the state

I am out for this one, bummer. My daughter has a soccer game at 7:15 Saturday morning in Gilbert. Have a great run.

I am out. Going to head down south and visit family. Have a great run!

Heidi and I are in for the day trip can't make it for the overnight. 4 years ago I did the KOFA run and it's generally a easy trails lots of cholla and plenty of centipedes so beware when y'all are camping

upload_2017-1-15_20-45-36.jpeg

a lil friend next to my buddys coffee

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom