This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Maximizing profits by saving money in production is always a goal, but reputation sells cars. How many cost cutting measures would it take to offset the sale of another 20K cars? The LC has always been the product that defines Toyota reliability and overall toughness. Toyota knows this. That is why they've historically offered them up for sale at reduced margins compared to a Corolla or Camry. One could argue that it would even be profitable for Toyota to continue selling the "good old" LC at a loss on every unit. It's all about perception...and Toyota built its market presence on the back of the LC...and to an extent, the mini truck. This new LC250 may not be the LC we are used to, but let's hope it at least has some of the wiry farm-boy strength that the old mini trucks had...they may have been small, but they had real guts and a reputation for being tough as nails. Some of that mini truck ju-ju will win the hearts of Americans.
Fwiw I believe the margins on the 200 series were absurdly high.

Maybe so about the G wagen, but the rig is so "binged out" the only hill it goes over are the speed humps at the country club or high end mall parking lot.
This has been true of cruisers for a long time. You can literally order a G-Wagen with portal axles... I think it wins in the off road parts department.

A G-Wagen blinged out of not can be used for what it was designed for just like a cruiser. However the mercs body profile lends itself to offroading without having to worry about ripping bumpers or fenders off.

The new LC250 does return a better body profile than the previous larger cruisers have though.

Fwiw I believe the margins on the 200 series were absurdly high.
I'd believe this, but also think there was an element of value for the consumer too. Better build quality, etc all the drivel we like to perform mental gymnastics to defend our purchasing decisions over. This is still a decision I have zero regret over btw.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom