This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yep, just a tad. I will say I think, stress think, 2" lift will accommodate 35's. They appear to have nice wheel wells much like an 80.

If I'm being honest, at my recent level of offroad activites (nearly zero) I would probably enjoy the hell out of one of these puppies. However, I'm a sucker for a V8 and love the powertrain in my 200. I simply can't understand why they didn't make the LC different by doing the traditional split tailgate (on this or the 300). It's a signature feature.

I really dig the cloth seats, but apparently they don't offer heating or cooling in those. I'll never buy another daily without cooled seats unless I leave NC, lol.
Cloth seats are heated, not cooled though.

So what series is this thing. I think the last prado was a 150? So a 250?

The 80 series listed for $50k brand new in '97. This new vehicle is about the same price 26 years later. That should tell you an awful lot about what it's made of where it counts. Engineered obsolescence.

Last edited:
All the new vehicle’s share the same platform .Trying to find out what is heavy duty (100/200) and what is medium duty (4runner). Are they all medium heavy duty now? No real answers that i can find. It looks ok.

View attachment 3390559

View attachment 3390560
Wow! That's not what I was expecting. I for sure will not be getting one of these.
It looks like a 4Runner and FJcruiser offspring.
This shows literally no effort by Toyota in the design.

So what series is this thing. I think the last prado was a 150? So a 250?
From this video the Toyota rep says it's a 250 series "based" on the Prado, but not a Prado :meh:. To me it looks like an updated, 4 door FJ Cruiser.

I believe it comes standard with rear locker and at least one of the trim levels has front sway bar disconnect.

I believe it comes standard with rear locker and at least one of the trim levels has front sway bar disconnect.

Looking at the press release they all come with the rear e locker

1691072788039.png

Very curious to see what the prices for the Land Cruiser trim will be vs a GX550, but honestly the MPG of the 4 Cylinder will likely be a selling point for me in that regard. Not totally sold on one but for my use case I may have to think long and hard about consolidating my daily and LC into one of these.

Last edited:
Toyota engineers know way more than I do about what a landcruiser should and shouldn’t have. They know about body lines, what engine, frame, trans, colors, and all that stuff. I take what they give us. We all agree that landcruiser has been all over the place with the different styles ( series) over the years.
There are plenty of things I hated about my 40s and I still love them. Ole Ty I hate about my 80 and I still love it. Plenty I hate about my 60 and 62 but I still love them. I even owned an fj55. And those are ugly as hell and my kids and I lived it also.

Now. Can I just get a landcruiser with a hard top/ soft top option?
At this point I will settle for the 4Runner with that option.
If ford can do it with the bronco and jeep can do it with their models Toyota could do the same.
But I really do want one of the tan edition ones.

A lot of old farts complaining on a car that they will never get because their old piece of $hit is better than the new Chinese crap. In 25 year we will be either dead or about to die and our kids will be buying this trucks for $2500 to put $30000 in crap they will never use, just because they look cool on/in a truck and add 500 lbs of weight and we still complaining about our old crap just do 9 miles per gallon but we also use a small valve in the pcv valve that add extra half mile to that. At the same time we buy a car for the city that does 60 miles to the gallon, while mold grows on the truck and over landing gear. At the same time we are afraid of scratching the paint even though the tank is protected with every piece of metal you can put, install, weld on the thing. Then stop crying about wanting a top off or lockers or a diesel. And fix the pos that you have rotting in your driveway. Did anybody feel familiar with this??? Sorry i had to say it. Lol

My truck gets worked on last........

Jebus I hope I'm not about to die in 25 years 😫

And my piece of s*** is rotting in @GarnerFJ40 field 😆

Hey, it's a Cruiser Farm! And it seems to be producing more as time goes by :)
Don't forget to fertilize with a few quarts or 10w-30 this fall!

Don't forget to fertilize with a few quarts or 10w-30 this fall!
It's already had a few gallons when I forgot to close the fumoto valve on the 570 first time I changed the oil, oops...

It's already had a few gallons when I forgot to close the fumoto valve on the 570 first time I changed the oil, oops...
You're supposed to blame that on Lily lolz

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom