This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

A lot of old farts complaining on a car that they will never get because their old piece of $hit is better than the new Chinese crap. In 25 year we will be either dead or about to die and our kids will be buying this trucks for $2500 to put $30000 in crap they will never use, just because they look cool on/in a truck and add 500 lbs of weight and we still complaining about our old crap just do 9 miles per gallon but we also use a small valve in the pcv valve that add extra half mile to that. At the same time we buy a car for the city that does 60 miles to the gallon, while mold grows on the truck and over landing gear. At the same time we are afraid of scratching the paint even though the tank is protected with every piece of metal you can put, install, weld on the thing. Then stop crying about wanting a top off or lockers or a diesel. And fix the pos that you have rotting in your driveway. Did anybody feel familiar with this??? Sorry i had to say it. Lol
speak for yourself!
im-in-my-prime-funny.gif

The new LC250 is part of their light duty lineup. The 300/LX600 are classified as station wagons and the 70 series are heavy duty.

1691415211124.png

I wonder how many who are saying they'd want a 70 series diesel, etc have actually ridden in one? I have limited experience, and while I love them I can say they wouldn't be my first choice for interstate driving here. Fun for wheeling, camping, etc absolutely! For a daily....eeeehhh. Supposedly top speed is around 93 MPH, but that's also from the internets search.

The new LC250 is part of their light duty lineup. The 300/LX600 are classified as station wagons and the 70 series are heavy duty.

View attachment 3394850
Understood. However the j250 and j300 now share the same chassis. I wonder what components are actually different? Diffs, axles, suspension pieces. If toyota went through all the trouble to share a platform, i bet a ton of the other components are identical.

Understood. However the j250 and j300 now share the same chassis. I wonder what components are actually different? Diffs, axles, suspension pieces. If toyota went through all the trouble to share a platform, i bet a ton of the other components are identical.

It's also shared with the tundra and the sequoia. Is the same 10.5" ring gear rear axle from the tundra in the sequoia?

Everyone should be excited that a frame stout enough to be a tundra is being shared with the land cruiser.

It's also shared with the tundra and the sequoia. Is the same 10.5" ring gear rear axle from the tundra in the sequoia?

Everyone should be excited that a frame stout enough to be a tundra is being shared with the land cruiser.
I'll agree with this. If the new LC250 has mostly the same frame and axles as the Tundra and 300, it'll be a bargain at $50k. Not a huge fan of Mr. T's powertrain choice for this one, but I can overlook that if it's super stout where it counts.

I'll agree with this. If the new LC250 has mostly the same frame and axles as the Tundra and 300, it'll be a bargain at $50k. Not a huge fan of Mr. T's powertrain choice for this one, but I can overlook that if it's super stout where it counts.
I have searched the internet and can not find any definite answers to this.

I do think modern computer programs with the assistance of machine learning and AI can build better pieces at lower prices and share across 7 platforms. Maybe a little lighter, maybe different materials, maybe new weld techniques, same strength or stronger without the weight, etc. Toyota is into maxmizing profits and this is how you do it in the car world. The previous LC was always an outlier, the king daddy in every aspect and it costs them a fortune to build.

I hear you, but it is the light duty prado. Hopefully they release the 300 in the US soon, so we have something new to complain about :lol:

I hear you, but it is the light duty prado. Hopefully they release the 300 in the US soon, so we have something new to complain about :lol:
Truth!

A couple of good information places from Toyota:

I do think modern computer programs with the assistance of machine learning and AI can build better pieces at lower prices and share across 7 platforms. Maybe a little lighter, maybe different materials, maybe new weld techniques, same strength or stronger without the weight, etc. Toyota is into maxmizing profits and this is how you do it in the car world. The previous LC was always an outlier, the king daddy in every aspect and it costs them a fortune to build.
"The new 250 Series is a core Land Cruiser model with the same GA-F platform as the 300 Series to dramatically improve basic performance as an off-roader"

Its on the links I provided above, from Toyota

"The new 250 Series is a core Land Cruiser model with the same GA-F platform as the 300 Series to dramatically improve basic performance as an off-roader"

Its on the links I provided above, from Toyota
ty

Maximizing profits by saving money in production is always a goal, but reputation sells cars. How many cost cutting measures would it take to offset the sale of another 20K cars? The LC has always been the product that defines Toyota reliability and overall toughness. Toyota knows this. That is why they've historically offered them up for sale at reduced margins compared to a Corolla or Camry. One could argue that it would even be profitable for Toyota to continue selling the "good old" LC at a loss on every unit. It's all about perception...and Toyota built its market presence on the back of the LC...and to an extent, the mini truck. This new LC250 may not be the LC we are used to, but let's hope it at least has some of the wiry farm-boy strength that the old mini trucks had...they may have been small, but they had real guts and a reputation for being tough as nails. Some of that mini truck ju-ju will win the hearts of Americans.

I am hopeful as well, and looking forward to seeing the 250 in person, maybe in October, and driving one. I had the opportunity of spending 10 days earlier this year driving prados, Hilux, and 200s, back to back, on the same terrain and tracts, same conditions, etc. All I can say is the prado didn’t seem any different than the 200, sucker did just as well no matter what we concocted. So I am hopeful for it, even with the electrowizardry motor.

Then again I was hopeful for the new defender, and what a turd blossom they turned out to be.

IMG_1558.png

I am hopeful as well, and looking forward to seeing the 250 in person, maybe in October, and driving one. I had the opportunity of spending 10 days earlier this year driving prados, Hilux, and 200s, back to back, on the same terrain and tracts, same conditions, etc. All I can say is the prado didn’t seem any different than the 200, sucker did just as well no matter what we concocted. So I am hopeful for it, even with the electrowizardry motor.

Then again I was hopeful for the new defender, and what a turd blossom they turned out to be.

View attachment 3395295
The defender is a disappoint for sure. The 1958 j250 seems like the ticket if the prices stay below $60k, like a few years after the first year. The 27 mpg is just mind blowing. New safety features would be nice as well. I have figured out a solution for the tailgate and just need a fabricator. IE - the new lift gate is not a concern. I am obsessed with a tailgate. Use mine everyday for all kinds of stuff.

Last edited:
I have had more time to think about this and have realised the Land Cruiser is no longer special at all. It will be a mass prodcued vehicle, Toyota will make a killing, and the noobies will get to tell all their friends, they got a Land Cruiser. The LC use to be the king daddy and now it's just another vehicle. I guess the G Wagon takes over as the most overbuilt unique vehicle available in the US market. Maybe the Ineos. Not a rant, just a realization as the whole planet goes soft. Luckily the 25 year rule is letting in some really cool stuff. I peak at High Quality Car Inventory in Aiken, SC | Car Cave USA - https://www.carcaveusa.com/inventory/ at least once a week.

View attachment 3394850
Of course, we won't get the 70 series. Jeep's Wrangler Unlimited needs some competition.

I have had more time to think about this and have realised the Land Cruiser is no longer special at all. It will be a mass prodcued vehicle, Toyota will make a killing, and the noobies will get to tell all their friends, they got a Land Cruiser. The LC use to be the king daddy and now it's just another vehicle. I guess the G Wagon takes over as the most overbuilt unique vehicle available in the US market. Maybe the Ineos. Not a rant, just a realization as the whole planet goes soft. Luckily the 25 year rule is letting in some really cool stuff. I peak at High Quality Car Inventory in Aiken, SC | Car Cave USA - https://www.carcaveusa.com/inventory/ at least once a week.
Maybe so about the G wagen, but the rig is so "binged out" the only hill it goes over are the speed humps at the country club or high end mall parking lot.

Maybe so about the G wagen, but the rig is so "binged out" the only hill it goes over are the speed humps at the country club or high end mall parking lot.
get a Canadian army LUVW (no, the designation is no joke but it could be) when they go on sale. Worked with some about 5 years ago up there, they are nice, eh?...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom