It is super loud! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Well since my cruiser is currently out of commission and awaiting a newly remanned engine, I decided that over Christmas break I would do a few things to it while it was in the garage.
-For starters I installed a new stereo system, minus a sub. It sounds awsome, so I thought I would tell you all about what I installed. I have two 6x9's mounted in the rear panels that I remade out of thicker wood. The dumb previous owner took it upon themselves to mount their crappy speakers on the rear door, see pic below, and cut huge holes in the metal to accomidate the speakers!:doh: So Iam happy with the look and sturdiness of the home-made factory looking panels. Oh yeah, I re-stapled the vinel back onto the home-made wood pieces.

-In the front doors I mounted a pair of 6.5 pioneers. I removed the old plastic factory covers and enlarged the hole to accomodate the new speakers, and then bolted the speakers down to the wood paneling. Looks pretty darn good. I definently surprised myself. I also installed the head unit and amp, ran all the wires and fired the bad boy up, well at least turned the battery on and sure enough it was awsome sounding.

-Next project is rust bulleting the bottom side. Any of you guys out there have and knowledge or pointers that you would like to pass on? I was also wondering if you could still weld to the frame after applying rust bullet. Anyone know?

-The next thing will be to add some add a leafs in the rear to keep it from dragging on stupid things like rocks and such on trips to alpha with all the other crazy floridians I hang with.

-Then if I still have some cash after all this is said and done with the new motor and all, what do you guys think about some protection! Im thinking front and rear bumpers, the home fabbed kinda of course and a roof rack to throw the surfboards and other crap on!

Well enjoy the photo's, Im done writing!
-Anthony

:banana: I will post photos in morning. time for bed!

When you weld you sand down to bare metal. So if you are ever going to weld you will have to grind the rust bullet off the surface. I used a rough fiberglass brush (or wire wheel too) on the end of a electric drill to strip off paint and remove rust.

If you do this remember to wear a mask and glasses.Rust bullet would be expensive to paint the whole frame and under body. I like the black Rust Zero for thinks like this.

sounds good anthony. Have you checked window clearance with the 6.5s? I have the alpines and they are not very deep but I still need to get back in there and mess with them b/c when I roll my passenger side window all the way down, the speaker stops working.

Also, you might want to fab some sliders first. Seems like that is where I took my first body damage.
Have fun.

Yeah I was thinking that sliders might be a good thing, especially since that is what I got stuck at alpha on! I didn't try the windows, but Im going to go down and check right now. Thanks for the ideas guys.
Anthony

I remember when I start in this off road world .. my TLC has flares, mud flaps ( Factory ) steps .. and a really good pioner sound system .. right now with luck you can find a pair of cheap speakers, and some LG MP3 player .. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom