Is this what is meant by a grooved Park Brake? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
20181227_123359.jpg
20181227_112625.jpg

I can only assume that everyone will come back with a resounding 'Yes'! That said, does anyone have a decent used park brake hub that will fit my '64 fj40 that we can work a deal on?

BTW - the second picture shows the SST I made in order to get the hub off. It was stuck on there pretty good.

Thanks Alf. Just happened to hop online for a minute. Yup, good in stock. $110 shipped.

Well that is half the price of SOR, so I will take it. I PM'd you, just hit me back on that and we can work out the arrangements.
Thanks.

@ucmlamb

You'll have to call - 818-953-9230

Info in his signature line.

And if your drum is that bad, I'm guessing you may need more than just the drum. ;)

I don't recall ever needing to use a puller on a park brake drum.

I don't recall ever needing to use a puller on a park brake drum.

Can you say RUST?

I have bent a backing plate or two over the years trying to pry a very rusted drum off a transfer case tailshaft. These are usually units that have been left on the ground and subjected to mud. @GRM had a pic up at one time of one he had to dig out. I bought one last year where water had been at it long enough that the shoe linings had separated from the brackets.

Mike

Along the lines of @Poser question, have you looked at the dual seal speedo housing option? I didn't think to bring it up when you called your order in yesterday. The box is still here if you need to add shoes or brackets or a housing. I'd call you, but it's a bit early yet.

Can you say RUST?

I have bent a backing plate or two over the years trying to pry a very rusted drum off a transfer case tailshaft. These are usually units that have been left on the ground and subjected to mud. @GRM had a pic up at one time of one he had to dig out. I bought one last year where water had been at it long enough that the shoe linings had separated from the brackets.

guess I've been lucky, a wack or two with a raw hide hammer or dead blow and they usually slide right off.

Did you figure out what chewed up the brake drum? Something unusual must be going on in there.

The wear in that specific location is indicative of one of the emergency brake mechanism levers not being properly retained and resting against the drum and wearing on it.

The wear in that specific location is indicative of one of the emergency brake mechanism levers not being properly retained and resting against the drum and wearing on it.

Makes sense, thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom