Is there no good cordless screwdriver with removable 18650 battery out there? (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

M12    20231127_103432_Burst01.jpg

sheesh....

Like I need to get into yet another battery system....

but eh, haven't had a 12V in a very long time, so I guess it's OK...

definitely the lowest one on their totem pole, but I really can't justify this in the first place, so gotta be reasonable, right? Sorta...

yes, and maybe even bigger than their M12 impact driver. It's been around for a few years, so not the best and smallest.
Smaller and much more manageable than a regular impact driver with an 18V battery, though.
The streamlined 12V battery makes a big difference in perceived size.

And the fine control it gives on small screws is just great. Don't want to bust threads and plastics. With the lowest setting on the clutch, I can stop the bit by hand. This is to be used on electrical outlets, for power tools and electronic equipment disassembly, and the like. I have bigger and better tools for decks etc. Although this is no slouch, way more grunt than a 4V screwdriver, it can put in big screws in wood and make bolts and nuts secure. Impressive.

But, admittedly shamefully, this new toy is not answering my original question.... And TBH, I would not have bought something like that had the price not been so utterly compelling, but, man, so damn enjoyable!

The Dewalt is 7.2V. 6 NiCads I guess. I don't see any OEM batteries for sale any more, but there are chinese generic 7.2V NiMh in the same form factor, apparently.

Toolman Tim it with a Milwaukee M12 battery?

:)

Might need this though:
i-8WCTpLP.jpg

LOL. Well, yes, 12V is not much more than 7.2 in the grand scheme of things. Unfortunately, given the provenance of the replacement smoke -from the Prince of Darkness no less- there is not much chance it would refill the tank properly after the first screw attempt without much additional leakage...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom