Is there any people who have front drumbrake 60/62/70/73 ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have FJ62 with front drumbrake.
Somedays ago, I catched problem with brake master cylinder.
I completely disassempled master cylinder and found that piston's rubber cup is torn.
So, I asked to toyota and they said not only repair kit(04493-60130) but master cylinder(47201-60330) was discontinued.
It has 1 1/16" bore (how big diameter!)
To figure out, I tried many things and finally gor US FJ62's brake master cylinder and installed. But it didn't operate well.
That 7/8" bore of master cylinder is for front disc brake land cruiser.
It operates always as sponge pedal although I did bleeding very well.
It's very urgent to me... Is there any people who could help me ?

is there alot of cruiser parts that toyota is discontinuing? In my opinon I think that the truck that gave toyota its name shouldn't have anything discontinued ever, what a joke. I think they are a great company, if not the best, but thats hurtin

I would find it hard to believe that an 62 would have a discon master already even if it was drum. What country of origin or market was the truck. I'd look there. Try cdan on the list he may at least be able to help with a part #.

try to find a 1977-1980 FJ45 brake master. They are 1 1/8" bore and work with either drum or disk (specified for drum).

wesintl said:
I would find it hard to believe that an 62 would have a discon master already even if it was drum. What country of origin or market was the truck. I'd look there. Try cdan on the list he may at least be able to help with a part #.

Yes, I fully agree with your opinion.
I live in south Korea and My FJ62 is general region model.
She was directly imported from Japan and I guess that she's for Chana or Tibet market.(it's only my assumption)
Because of historical and requirement of industrial reason(by stupid korean auto companies such as hyundai, kia, daewoo, etc.) Japanese vehicles didn't imported to korea officially until 2000. But some person import by himself.
Now we have Toyota motors Korea inc. in Seoul but they only sell expensive Lexus not popular toyota cars.
My FJ62 is unique 60 series Land cruiser in Korea.
So I required many time to Toyota Korea and now they receive parts order but it takes always 1~2 month from ordering to receiving and I was suprised there are so many discontinued parts.
So almost case when I want parts, I order to USA (SOR or MAF or cruiserparts.net) and pay huse mount of shipping cost.
But this case, there's no front drum brake model of FJ60/62 in USA that make me mad....
Anyway, thank you for your kind reply.

Oh, Min Seok

47201-60330

FJ62LG-KRC Master cylinder, brake assembly.

I live in Japan and order LC parts frequently.

If you can work out a way to transfer money to me I can mail you parts.

I have the same engine in my FJ75.

skype me at stedman_dave

Dave said:
47201-60330

FJ62LG-KRC Master cylinder, brake assembly.

I live in Japan and order LC parts frequently.

If you can work out a way to transfer money to me I can mail you parts.

I have the same engine in my FJ75.

skype me at stedman_dave

Thank you vary much Dave,

Instead of full brake master cylinder assy., Could you please buy 04493-60130 cylinder kit ?
I can do bankwire to you !
And if possible, could you please check also 77240-60180 fuel tank tube assy. ?

Thank you very much again !!!

Oh, Min Seok

Dave to the rescue... :D I have family in Japan (wife's brother) but sadly he doesn't know anything about cars, it's difficult to explain what I want/need to him too and he's got little cash to front. They drive a Mistu though.

Schaats, take the whole assembly esp in your situation :popcorn:

wesintl said:
Dave to the rescue... :D I have family in Japan (wife's brother) but sadly he doesn't know anything about cars, it's difficult to explain what I want/need to him too and he's got little cash to front. They drive a Mistu though.

Schaats, take the whole assembly esp in your situation :popcorn:

Thank yu for your advice !
But I have a plan that I'll go to disc brake because I don't want this kind of trouble about getting parts any more.
Ragarding rear drum brake, there's no no trouble getting parts bacause every 60seriel cruiser in the world have same drum brake system.
My family live in Colorado springs and visit there sometimes that I could buy parts from a lot of Checkers auto parts, NAPA store, etc..
But about front drum brake, it always make me mad :mad:
So at this time, I'll only rebuild master cylinder and after I'll go to disc brake.

Thank you again !

schatts

47201-60040 is the FJ45 brake master. Used on drum/drum combo 45's with FF rear axle and 3" brake drums. These are dual reservoir.

#1 I know they are available aftermarket as I have sold 6 in the past. And I also know they are 1/2 the price of new OEM.

#2 I know they are available in Canada (@ENS) because they still to this day retrofit HZJ79 mine trucks with this master (because of 'super volume'). You may be wondering how as these old masters have a 4 bolt mount (cast iron/steel) and the HZJ79's have a 2 bolt (aluminum). ENS just drills holes in the right spots through the cast. That also would be using large bore front disk brakes and rear drum in this factory new application.

another varient....
V6 1988 4Runner masters are 1 1/16 (single reservoir) and by swapping the J60 reservoir they can be used as well

let me get a price and availability on these parts first. But I think most other people on this list will tell you that the overhaul kits are not the best solution. If your cylinder is pitted badly you will not get a seal with a new kit.

The original master lasted close to 20 years, you might consider the replacement in that light.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom