Does anyone have any experience of the 8-valve 15B-T? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
eurasiaoverland.com
Just to be clear, I am not looking for information on the 15B-F, 15B-FT, 15B-FTE or 14B-T. These engines were all sold to public with plenty of information out there.

I am after information on the 15B-T, which was an early (ca. 1995), 8 valve 15B that externally is a 14B-T but has apparently been bored out to accept 15B pistons and therefore become a 4104 cc engine. This engine was only found in the military BXD10 Mega Cruiser and was never publicly sold by Toyota. A few complete vehicles and a number of half cuts seem to have been exported from Japan in recent years. The FB page of '4 Wheel Auto' in Canada shows at least one 15B-T transplant into an FJ62.

I have the opportunity to purchase such an engine, fresh from a half cut, and I wonder if anyone on MUD has any experience with them. My major concern would be sourcing a new head gasket as the 14B gasket would be too narrow in the cylinder bore (102 mm vs 108 mm), and the 15B gasket has different coolant passage holes and even the thickest 15B gaset (1.4 mm) is thinner than the thinnest 14B gasket (1.5 mm).

I'd be very interested to know if anyone has ever pulled one apart.

Again, not looking for info on regular 14B-T or 15B-F* engines.

Thanks

EO

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom