Is anyone running Ironman M/T tires? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.irontonforge.com
While having my front end aligned yesterday... I mentioned to the tire guy that I will soon be needing new 37 x 12.50 M/T's. He suggested and raved about Ironman M/T tires. I'd never heard of them. The price is darn cheap ($200 per tire) and the reviews seem good for the most part. Here's a link... Ironman Tires All Country M/T 37X12.50R17 124Q

Hercules Tires

Does anyone have experience with these tires? Any thoughts? And yes, I did search.

Thanks!
https://www.discountedwheelwarehous...try+M/T+37X12.50R17+124Q+D+BW&partno=Im-92618

A few local guys run them, km2 knock off. Seem to do ok for the price.

I used them for a while, good traction, worked well on low pressure off-road. But, weak sidewall, rubber got cuts easily. I changed to BFG muds and can see the difference. Also, not easy to find replacements in a hurry.

I just looked at your web links, just in case you didn't notice, that tire comes with a "D" ply rating. I'm not sure if that's important to you, but a "D" ply rating means the tread has 8 plys, most off road tires have an "E" ply rating, with 10 tread plys.

• Ironman
    All Country M/T
    Size: 37X12.50R17
    Speed Rating: Q
    Load Index: 124
    Ply Rating: D
    Partno: Im-92618

I just looked at your web links, just in case you didn't notice, that tire comes with a "D" ply rating. I'm not sure if that's important to you, but a "D" ply rating means the tread has 8 plys, most off road tires have an "E" ply rating, with 10 tread plys.

• Ironman
    All Country M/T
    Size: 37X12.50R17
    Speed Rating: Q
    Load Index: 124
    Ply Rating: D
    Partno: Im-92618
I believe that is a load range rating, not a "ply rating".
I also wouldn't be concerned with ply ratings. My Swampers are an 8 tread and a 4 sidewall. They hold up pretty well ;)

I believe that is a load range rating, not a "ply rating".
I also wouldn't be concerned with ply ratings. My Swampers are an 8 tread and a 4 sidewall. They hold up pretty well ;)

Two different ratings, load range is the weight a tire can carry, ply rating is the number of reinforcing cord plys in the tread area of a tire. In this case this tire has a "D" ply rating, and that's 8 plys, the load rating is "124" with a weight carrying load per tire of 3527 pounds. The "Q" rating on this tire is it's speed rating, it's rated for a maximum safe speed of 99 MPH.

Last edited:
While having my front end aligned yesterday... I mentioned to the tire guy that I will soon be needing new 37 x 12.50 M/T's. He suggested and raved about Ironman M/T tires. I'd never heard of them. The price is darn cheap ($200 per tire) and the reviews seem good for the most part. Here's a link... Ironman Tires All Country M/T 37X12.50R17 124Q

Hercules Tires

Does anyone have experience with these tires? Any thoughts? And yes, I did search.

Thanks!

Hercules advertises this tire as "an entry level 3 ply tire". While they may be a good deal for the price, it all depends on application. I would not expect it to perform as well as, or hold up to beating in the rocks as well as, the Cooper STT pro. But you can't get the STT Pro for that price either, so its pretty much apples and oranges. How hard, how often are you going to beat on this tire? How low are you going to air down in the places you wheel? I don't think I would recommend this tire for the kind of work and play we do in central Arizona. But, it could surprise me!

Sorry to resurrect the thread, but I have these on my 60. I don't hate them. I've used them in mud and sand, and with proper tire pressures for the conditions, these tires are performing off road for me. They are quite loud on pavement at any speed, but then again, the FJ60 is not a well sound insulated vehicle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom