Is AC idle up valve meant to vent open? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I was testing my AC Idle up, and while it was engaging, it was not consistent or strong enough(FJ62 Manual). I then 'bypassed' the AC Idle up Valve and found plently of suction to engage the suction cap switch. I found I was loosing pressure in the AC idle up valve, and some testing found that is has a 'vent, via the external knob thing' to air. My AC Idle up is not OEM, so I have no reference.

1704327078803.png

This is sort of what it looks like (not exact part).

Does anyone know what happens inside it? That knob thing is actually a cover for a air-vent that seems connected to one of the in/out pipes? Is this how they work? Any idea which side is meant to be vented (intake side or Carb side?). I plugged the air-vent with some tape and the AC Idle up is working perfectly, full pressure, but I dont know what else I might have broken doing this.

I was testing my AC Idle up, and while it was engaging, it was not consistent or strong enough(FJ62 Manual). I then 'bypassed' the AC Idle up Valve and found plently of suction to engage the suction cap switch. I found I was loosing pressure in the AC idle up valve, and some testing found that is has a 'vent, via the external knob thing' to air. My AC Idle up is not OEM, so I have no reference.

View attachment 3524305

This is sort of what it looks like (not exact part).

Does anyone know what happens inside it? That knob thing is actually a cover for a air-vent that seems connected to one of the in/out pipes? Is this how they work? Any idea which side is meant to be vented (intake side or Carb side?). I plugged the air-vent with some tape and the AC Idle up is working perfectly, full pressure, but I dont know what else I might have broken doing this.

I like to remotely diagnose per the FSM and year and model specific A/C NipponDenso service stand alone FSM too

I think beginning at the beginning is the way here ….

- year toyota

- model toyota

- actual photos of your exact VSV on your engine bay is really important here ….

- I don’t know 🤷‍♂️ if you have a toyota ?

All I can deduce is ( FJ62 manual ) ?

Photos photos photos

Specific specifications specifically spec. …..here

Then we can all repair your ….🤷‍♂️

Yea sure. Its a Aus Spec 1989, FJ62 with 3F. This is the old Valve.

1704710161522.png

Its not functions, cause when I power it I does nothing. The High-Value is connected to the exhaust power (bit that stick out at the end, normally covered in a black cap). The small valve is 'blocked' when un-powered. I dont know what it does when its powered cause I never had it work. I just ordered a standard Toyota one, likely for a new model as the power-connecter was circular, not square (looked more like the transfer case solinoids, but its not the same. Its pretty much exactly the same except for the power connector.

I dont know which way the pipes go. (The cruiser was totally rebuilt, and dismantled so I had no idea what it was originally). I tried to look at pics to get it right. All I know if the new one lets vacuum out, so much that the AC vac switch is not strong enough. When I block the exhaust port it is strong enough, but maybe I have it backwards or something?

The vent is for the carb side. When the ac isn’t activated, the vent is open so the diaphragm on the carb isn’t pulling/engaging high idle. When ac is turned on, the valve inside moves, blocking the vent and connecting the carb side to vacuum source side, pulling a vacuum and opening diaphragm/engaging high idle. When ac clicked off, it vents again, releasing the high idle diaphragm.

Sounds like the VSV is leaking, internally. The cylinder on the end is just a dust filter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom