Is a 100 series 343 the same as an 80 series 343? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have an opportunity to pick up a 4.7/343/tc out of a 1999 100 series for a reasonable fee and fantasized about putting this into my 80. I recall CDAN from the 80 series forum mentioning that the 343 in the 100 series is merely from the same family, but not the same tranny. Any insight anyone might have would help to abate or fuel my fantasy.

Thx

Karl

4.7 swap

what years are all htese things- I have much engine swap experience and believe this is a waste of time unless you supercharge.

I would suggest a chevy crate motor and a marks kit to bolt to your tcase =no tcase or driveline mods

also i have a 4.7 motor tranny tcase w harness sitting here all matched still in frame (99 100)if you want to buy

IMHO a turbo on a 95 newer 80 is the ONLY way to go keep the 6 if its healthy I have had all of the above at least twice!!

Be warned you wont get a land cruiser 4.7 motor to run without dash harness and all security bits you are looking for a tundra motor and trans which will not go to your t case

Thanks. I had not thought beyond the physical mating of parts. I did not even consider all the security crap associated with the swap. Consider the fantasy extinguished.

Karl

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom