Is 2000 Lexus Lx470 a good deal? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Out of those two, I'd probably buy the Land Cruiser. Either one will more than likely need several thousand $$$$ in deferred maintenance.

While I'm all for the cheaper project vehicle, the rust on the LX looks like more than I'd want to take on. The muffler replacement was likely due to the old muffler being rusted through. I'm sure that wasn't the only thing that was affected by the rust.

If you do your own work, there will literally never be anything easy on that truck. I guarantee every bolt and nut under it that you touch will be a rusted mass that will break off or never budge without torching it first. If you don't do you own work, it will empty your wallet, because it will suck up money worse than it sucks up gas. That truck is one step away from only having parts value, and very little parts value from what I can see.

The guy with the 2003 just says his mechanic takes care of everything and that’s it. It would be a weekend/Project car. I have another car I use as primary vehicle

Hey guys so bit of sad news - I was reaching out to both guys to schedule time to see the vehicles in person and both of them were sold!! So the hunt will continue. Thank you for everyone for your insight/knowledge/help. It has definitely made me more confident in what to think about or consider when buying such a vehicle. When I do get one, I’ll be sure to come here and post pics!

You don't have to fix everything or make it look factory again, btw

Yes. This needs to be said more. When I first started here I got caught up in wanting to make it like new again. All the part number requests and what not. I spent a little bit of time today looking at my fender liner to try and source the right clip. Then just said, screw It. Drilled a little hole and fed a zip tie through. Looks fine, and I more secure. Same with welding on my rear sway bar frame mount with the broken bolt.

I love the car, but it would emotionally drain me to try and make it perfect.

OP, you are getting some good advice. Keep at it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom