Ironman 4x4 Awnings in Stock and at Deep Discounts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ironman 4x4 USA

Ironman 4x4 America team member
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
ironman4x4america.com
2m Awnings with LED strip light was $279 -------> Now $199
2m Awning Rooms was $299 -------> Now $199

2.5m Awnings with LED strip light was $299 -------> Now $249
2.5m Awnings Rooms was $329 -------> Now $249

2.5m Awnings with LED strip light was $269 -------> Now $189

Fit Your Vehicle Now

Placed an order for the 2.5m awning Tuesday...looking forward to getting it in.

Just an FYI for those of you considering an awning from IronMan...
First, they are fantastic. I have a 2.5, and love it.
I’ve mounted it to my roof rack with a set of their Quick Release mounting brackets...
These things are GAME CHANGERS!
It’s so nice being able to mount or remove the awning in literally 10-15 seconds.
Want to go through a car Wash? Pop off the awning. Quick trip to the baseball field? Throw the awning on.
Camping, and you want a roof over the picnic table? Grab the awning off the roof rack, add the extra 2 poles they sell, and you have a free-standing setup.
Great design, super strong, and just make everything easier.

I just got my 2.5m and I'm stoked, hitting the road soon on a big trip and will welcome the shade!
1594696573940.png

That matches amazingly well! 🤘

Can you share pix.of their mounting brackets? How did you mount the bracket to your rack?
Thanks @DRANGED . Pardon the night shot--it's just three of these simple (but sturdy) L-brackets that you can use in either orientation depending on how much height vs lateral adjustment you need. I put three bolts into T-nuts on the rack, seems plenty sturdy. The bolt channels on the aluminum side of the awning run the full length so you can fit it to any orientation of bars (which is good because my bars are kinda fixed holding down Rotopax and Plano cases unless I want to redrill the cases.)
1594699241964.png

Cool. yeah, simple.
so these must be rhe standard brackets amd they also offer a quick-release bracket then...?

I'd seen those in other IM awnimg info and was curious how those would mount to a non-IM rack

Cool. yeah, simple.
so these must be rhe standard brackets amd they also offer a quick-release bracket then...?

I'd seen those in other IM awnimg info and was curious how those would mount to a non-IM rack

Actually, the quick release brackets mount to these L brackets.
The QR system only uses 2 L brackets (unless you buy another set of QR, then you could mount to 3 or even 4 L’s).
A “receiver” QR piece mounts semi-permanently to the L. It has a large-diameter, vertical pin.
The mating QR piece mounts semi-permanently to the track on the awning. It has an orifice that slides over the pin. Large cotters keep both pieces together when traveling.
All you do is pull the cotters on each assembly (2) and lift off the awning.
To re-mount, simply drop the mating pieces over the pin pieces and slide in the cotters.
Easy as can be...
At first I was hesitant to only run 2 L’s with the big awning, but it has remained completely solid. I have no concerns about its robustness.

I put mine to the test in Utah and Colorado, happy so far. Bent the aluminum end piece a bit in very high winds, am curious if anyone else has sleeved the three holes together for more rigidity? @CMiller , curious if you have any suggestions here...but overall it's been a nice product particularly at the price.
👍
1595902764023.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom