Irma (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Trollhole

THC
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
forum.ih8mud.com
I know a lot of you are paying closer and closer attention to this deadly Hurricane. I'm going to extend the invitation if you need something and are out of options. My shop will probably be stuffed with cruisers but my office and parking lot will not. If you need a place to stay my shop is open for the club members to stay for a day of so until the storm passes. There is a shower here and bathrooms. Nothing nice but it's probably better than a shelter. I'm working on having TV by the weekend. I may also open up the house. But it's a complete disaster.

HurTrack2.gif

hifloat5_None_anim.gif

hifloat6_None_anim.gif

hiatlsat.gif

Last edited:
I'm glad you offered this up, Marshall! Thanks a bunch. It'll be a gametime decision for The Barrows Family; the strength of the storm and the direction make it difficult to decide if we're better off leaving or staying put. Being a Floridian, I've removed all dead/dying trees from our property, but I can't say the same of our neighbors; one of whom said something to the effect: "Why spend the money to have them removed? The dead trees will just blow away during the next hurricane." SMH. Dead trees are missiles. Thank god for hurricane rated windows.

Came here to post this also. If any of you need to just run a cruiser up to get it out of harms way it can stay at my office parking lot or out at my house. I'm off 26 in Newberry County. Worst case if you need a place to camp you're welcome to make camp but I imagine it'll still be a bit breezy and wet here. If traffic goes to crap and you need to just get off 26 you'll have a rest area here.

I'm going to extend the invitation if you need something and are out of options.
That's the definition of generosity, thank you.
I've removed all dead/dying trees from our property
Wise preparation, but as Erik would say, "pictures or it didn't happen", and no posing with the neighbors chainsaw, you have to be half covered in sawdust.

Were high and dry, and I will have the chainsaw out tomorrow.... who needs a tree cut up? WHo wants to help cut trees?

Almost waterfront...

F994C210-48B8-4BF0-AC53-D234D183863F.jpg

Had some flooding in my neighborhood here in West Ashley, but thankfully we were spared. Two houses in my neighborhood got minor flooding. I am getting tired of all these "historic" weather events, 500 year floods and 100 year storms aren't supposed to happen every year.

Pretty uneventful here. Last year we were without power for a week after Mathew; Irma barely gave us a few flickers.

Had some action at my house. Big cedar tree barely missed my house and a/c. Damaged my Jon boat

IMG_2376.JPG

IMG_2377.JPG

IMG_2378.JPG

IMG_2380.JPG

IMG_2381.JPG

Dang that was a NIIIICE cedar too. :( Glad it missed the house/ac!

Definitely better the boat than the house.
Still sucks, though

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom