Introductions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

My name is Brett and I am a student at UNR, I am a Geological Engineering Student and I own a 97 lx450.

Just wanted to say that one of the members of this club house, not sure who, left me a note on my LX450 today on the UNR campus. I really appreciate the note and it totally made my day better. I am curious as to when/where this club meets up as I would be interested in meeting some of the members, especially those who live near UNR or go to UNR. Anyways, here is a link to my thread if you want to take a look..
97 LX450 Build Thread/Ex

My name is Brett and I am a student at UNR, I am a Geological Engineering Student and I own a 97 lx450.

Just wanted to say that one of the members of this club house, not sure who, left me a note on my LX450 today on the UNR campus. I really appreciate the note and it totally made my day better. I am curious as to when/where this club meets up as I would be interested in meeting some of the members, especially those who live near UNR or go to UNR. Anyways, here is a link to my thread if you want to take a look..
97 LX450 Build Thread/Ex

Hey Brett... think the only other student we have in the club currently is @justintpryor . If you look on the forum you will see that we NORMALLY meet every month on the second Thursday at the Round Table/Pizza Hut/Whateverthehellitis down at the south end of Reno at the Walmart.

Feel free to come by and join us for a drink and some cruiser chat. You will see a monthly posting about the meeting in this forum. Lots of guys with different trucks, and lots of guys with MULTIPLE trucks (jealous).

@gneisscruiser Yes! The note worked! I took a good look at your rig yesterday, it is sweet. I am taking delivery of my 4x4labs rear this weekend so seeing yours got me super pumped! We definetley need to meet up!

Crusierheads unite :hillbilly: Greg it is the Round Table pizza. Welcome Brett hope to see you at a meeting and some runs. Nice rig by the way :hungry:$$$$$. My oldest sons name is Brett.

Hello BBCNV crew.

Been trolling this board for a long time and have finally made the switch from Jeeps to Cruisers.... I've just acquired a very sweet 94 FZJ80. There is a long story behind it that I'm sure I'll get to tell some day but for now I'm sure you've all see pictures of it in many places.

Here are some pictures...I didn't take any of these photos. They were taken by the previous owner. There are a few things I plan on changing and some I don't. I'll post a thread on the transformation.

Hope to meet you guys soon and go on some runs once I get this girl set up to my liking.
Russ
14ef5b903cfadad60620e17a1984b219.jpg
1993+Toyota+Land+Cruiser+FZJ80+and+Teardrop+Trailer+(KI6LBB-California)+(1).jpg
702b540ba2bbebe66068d585d50d8ca4.jpg

Hello BBCNV crew.

Been trolling this board for a long time and have finally made the switch from Jeeps to Cruisers.... I've just acquired a very sweet 94 FZJ80. There is a long story behind it that I'm sure I'll get to tell some day but for now I'm sure you've all see pictures of it in many places.

Here are some pictures...I didn't take any of these photos. They were taken by the previous owner. There are a few things I plan on changing and some I don't. I'll post a thread on the transformation.

Hope to meet you guys soon and go on some runs once I get this girl set up to my liking.
Russ
14ef5b903cfadad60620e17a1984b219.jpg
1993+Toyota+Land+Cruiser+FZJ80+and+Teardrop+Trailer+(KI6LBB-California)+(1).jpg
702b540ba2bbebe66068d585d50d8ca4.jpg
Hell Yeah! That is a great looking rig! Factory lockers?

The rig is triple locked with factory lockers front and rear. Dual battery, auxiliary fuel tank, hot shower and even a burrito tray in the engine compartment.

The rig is triple locked with factory lockers front and rear. Dual battery, auxiliary fuel tank, hot shower and even a burrito tray in the engine compartment.
That is awesome! Highly recommend manifold burritos as well as manifold cheeses steaks, always a great trail lunch!

First I want to say thank you for everyone's hospitality at the meeting last Thursday. As you know I had a differential problem in the parking lot at the meeting. It turns out that a pinion bearing was self destructing so the rear end is apart awaiting parts. While I think the lsd is ok, we were planning on lockers eventually so we are having Arb air lockers installed front and rear to keep from paying for the labor, seals etc twice. Hope to have the 60 back on Friday. Once again, we really enjoyed the friendly welcome we received at the meeting. Scott and Barb

Hey Scott and Barb,
Glad you are getting that handled. Sometimes you never know about those funny sounds. They usually never come from where you think. Your smart to go to the arb if you have the $$$:eek::eek:. Now we can add that sound to our memory and know that that is what a pinion bearing sounds like when it is in distress:cool:. I knew it was in the diff. but everything seemed tight:meh:. I think you went to a good, honest mechanic. Hopefully he is treating you right. :hmm:Let us know. Happy rest of your trip and Happy trails. See ya when you move here.

First I want to say thank you for everyone's hospitality at the meeting last Thursday. As you know I had a differential problem in the parking lot at the meeting. It turns out that a pinion bearing was self destructing so the rear end is apart awaiting parts. While I think the lsd is ok, we were planning on lockers eventually so we are having Arb air lockers installed front and rear to keep from paying for the labor, seals etc twice. Hope to have the 60 back on Friday. Once again, we really enjoyed the friendly welcome we received at the meeting. Scott and Barb

It was great to have you drop on by!

Martin couldn't get us in for weeks so we went to performance auto care here in cc. They have done arb's in the past and have good ratings on Yelp. Very happy about how they keep us in the loop. Got the lockers in only one day from Donny Garrett at Folbecks 4wd in Sparks. He's been doing this for 35 yrs, knows his stuff. Hope to have the 60 out on Fri. Dogs haven't gotten to run and they are going nuts. As soon as we get the 60 back they are getting some desert running time. The bearings, ring and pinion were scarred but not all trashed, think the Auburn lsds were still ok so I'm keeping them. Don't know when I might want to use them for a sand machine. Arb switches are going into empty switch locations in the 60 dash. Should be a nice install. I'll keep you posted.

Yeah Performance is supposed to be a pretty good little shop. Wife and I used to take our vehicles to Dwight's Auto right there, but when he moved he recommended us to them. Of course shortly after we bought "newer" cars that had warranties on them so never got a chance to use them.

Hello everyone my name is Aaron. I've actually been to a meeting gosh it feels like 10 years ago but maybe it wasn't that long ago. Anyway it's been way too long. I used to own a couple of FJ40 landcruisers '76 and '71, and FJ60 but ended up selling them all over the last several years. You know life gets in the way and you lose your mind and do something crazy like sell off your babies. Well I just got that itch again and found a guy out in Carson City selling his mostly stock 76 FJ40 so I bought it.

I was a little hesitant about getting back into the club mostly because I'm one of those people who doesn't actually do a ton of off-roading/4 wheeling or whatever. I guess you would call me more of a purist lover of landcruisers. I love the look feel of them and maybe some light off road hills and roads. I'm fine getting her dirty, I just don't want to hurt or break her is kinda my mentality. But I guess there might be room for a guy like me in the club maybe.

Anyway I remembered the club name from back then and when I googled it I found this page on ih8mud. I used this site a lot over the years so I'm glad to see it expanding for local clubs like this one. I see I just missed a meeting last week so I'll keep my eye open and see if I can't go to the next meet up.

Here's a link to my intro back on the scene.
My new '76 FJ40

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom