introductions...for women only (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Colonel Mustard in all his cellphone-camera glory!!

Beer? I'm in!
Mustard3.jpg
Mustard7.jpg

Hi Cruiser Girls! Sorry I didn’t introduce myself sooner. I was on the 40s Tech Forum. Anyways, I am a newbie and the proud new owner of a ’67 Cruiser. This is my first Cruiser and I have only had her 5 weeks so we are still getting to know each other. I found out very quickly that this will be an ongoing relationship since she’s older then I am and she drives like a tractor (no power steering, drum breaks and 3-speed) but I’m willing to put in the effort and already in love!

Here is the link to some photos of her: http://web.mac.com/zybura/iWeb/BagusTraktor/Photos.html

Well, I’m stoked to be a part of the Cruiser family and appreciate any Cruiser knowledge that you are willing to share!

Thanks,
Tammy

PS: For those of you Girls that welcomed me on the 40s Tech Forum, thanks! :D

dang....few of y'all got some fine lookin' rigs.:cheers:

Hi All

Well, an interesting notion...all girls huh? The spelling's bound to improve at least! ha ha. I'm Amanda from Washington (state). I've used these pages as a valuable resource while rebuilding my 66 FJ40. It's been so close to road worthy the past six months or more that it's making me just crazy! A few more details, then a few more...seems never ending. I'm sure into "putting back" and perhaps being of some help to the next person here. I gotta admit, I'm surprised at how many gals actually wrench on their cruisers, and how many want to! I don't know any women in person who like to work on trucks. The women I do know think I'm pretty strange! So, here's to the greasy handed, scraped knee, busted knuckle sisterhood! Here's a photo of my Cruiser before the lift. So far I've rebuilt a 2F and four speed tranny and swapped it in. Rebuilt the original t/c and vacuum shift module 'cause I like that big lever on the dash! Rebuilt the entire brake system and added a roll cage to fit inside the hard top. Chased down all the rust I could get at and patched it up with steel wherever I could. Replaced the rear sill completely. Put a rattle can paint job on it that'll be easy to fix. I knew very little about any of this type of stuff before I stated. Learned it all an my Cruiser! Have fun gals...
cruiser pass side.jpg

Hello my name is Mystique!

I live in Houston, TX. Bought my LC new in 1996. Prior to that had a 1995 Jeep and a 1990 Pathfinder.

Once I discovered 4WD, have driven nothing else:)

The only off roading I have done was to jump the ditch. lol If I can go over it, I will. I just discovered this forum when I was searching for information on replacing drive belts. I have always taken my vehicle to the dealership and am tired of being ripped off. I know I can do a lot of repairs myself. Hoping to get a lot of support and offer support in the forums.:cool:
Landcruiser front view.JPG

Hi, I'm Lauren, I'm 16, just got my license. Today my dad bought me a 2000 4Runner. My boyfriend drives an 80 series Land Cruiser, so he was more then assuring that a 4Runner would be a great car for me. We will most likely do some cruising of the land in the near future. I'm pretty excited. ;p

Guess I'm next in line...
Hi! My name is Bridgette and I'm the proud (temp.) care taker of Woody's 80- AKA MY 80... :-D Since he's on the road, I look after the sweet lil ride and we're bonding quite well. Since I've had her in my garage, I've been to a few places to put her to work on the trails- all by myself (although Woody's never too far behind!) And he makes sure I am making all the right moves... on the trail! This is my first year with the whole experience and I'm finding it's not as easy as some of you make it look! Had to use the winch once or twice- but that just means I'm having a lot of fun out there!!! I don't have my own, yet, but I sure do love, er, h8 mud! I look forward to meeting some of you very awesome girls out there some day, and although I don't know alot, I'm learning!
Smokin 5.0

Hey Bridgette, Glad to hear from you. Woody called last night and said he was going to be back in the area soon. We told him to see if you both could arrange a night to come up for dinner. That way you can see our new Toy!!!

WE GOT A NEW 2008 FJ CRUISER!!!

We have had it about 4 days now, it's really nice we love it! You've got to see it!
It has some really nice new features.

Anyway, hopefully we can get together soon!

Amanda

That's awesome!!!! Now you can be like- 'Not HIZ' FJ!!!! Who makes a mean lasagna by the way... ;)
I would love to come see it- what color did ya get? Can't wait to see it work out on the trail- maybe at Toyz for Tots? And I'm sure Woody can set ya up with some goody's for that machine...
Post some pics!!!!
Hi Chris!!!

Howdy from Whitewright, Tx

Hello Ladies, my name is Michelle - sorry I have not introduced myself earlier I was on the other thread trying to learn as much as I can. I am really new to all of this. My DD is a 93 Toyota 4-Runner 4X4 - bone stock. We are in the process of building our "Toy". I call it that cause it is an 84 Toyota Ext cab - we are going to paint it yellow with a black exo and call it our "Tonka Toy". Before all of this was that "pile of junk in the garage" then my boyfriend took me wheelin' in Gilmer and now it is "what does the "Toy" need next to get it going";) I am hooked !! I have only been the passenger so far but that will change in the future. The Tonka Toy will be mine and we are going to build him one, paint it lime green with a black exo and it will be the Yodamobile. I love this sport and I am really glad to see women so involved in it. Oh by the way I am from Whitewright, Tx about 60 miles north east of Dallas, orginally from Houston but the Hurricane moved me up here. Ok I guess that is enough for now - really looking forward to getting into this sport - oh here is a link of what we have done so far to our "Toy".......

http://s210.photobucket.com/albums/bb158/84ToyLady/84 Toy Build-Up/

I am hooked !! I have only been the passenger so far but that will change in the future.

you want to change that real quick - best way is, on the next outing with other 4-wheeling buddies, while he is BSing with the guys with no end in sight, get behind the steering wheel and be prepared for the next obstacle ;) or just play as they yuk :flipoff2:

or, get a wheeler for yourself ;p

you want to change that real quick - best way is, on the next outing with other 4-wheeling buddies, while he is BSing with the guys with no end in sight, get behind the steering wheel and be prepared for the next obstacle ;) or just play as they yuk :flipoff2:

or, get a wheeler for yourself ;p

Working on building my truck -- the Toy -- actually think we are going to get to do some work this weekend on it -- really looking forward to it.

Hi! My name is Donna and I live in Va in the Alleghany Highlands. I've only gotten in to wheeling over the past year when I bought my FJ Cruiser. I have fallen in love with my FJ and wheeling, it has honestly changed my life. I have been to several wheeling events and met some great people. My rig is a 2007 FJC. it is outfitted with an ARB, Warn Winch, IPF Lights, full set of BudBuilt skids,Procomp Rims with Mickey Thompson Baja Claw's. Needless to say I've been bitten by the mod bug and if I don't quit soon, I may require intervention!

Hello everybody!
I've been lurking about mostly on the 80 and 60 boards. I was beginning to feel that this was a big sausage party! :doh:
I'm so glad this is here. Beautiful rigs ladies!!
My name is Alisa and I'm in Portland,OR. I don't have a ride yet. I'm doing research on early 80 series vehicles- though I'm open to suggestions/ recommendations- so I can make a wise purchase decision. I'm totally new to off roading and LCs but got turned on to both through my man who drives a 1985 FJ60. I've grown to love his rig,which I shotgunned in a lot and occasionally drove. Also, I've been fascinated with FJ Cruisers since their introduction and dream of owning one (Black Cherry). I'm still trying to learn my way around the 4WD world and this really cool, welcoming site. So for a spell I'll be lurking around, quietly observing. I look forward to learning a lot and enjoying the community. :cheers:

Last edited:
So cool to know I am not the only "crazy" out there that loves her trucks. NONE of my friends get me. I am Jeannie and I am a native Idahoan. I have an 85 4runner (230k) that I refuse to part with (many have tried). Bought it when daughter number 1 was a year and daughter number 2 was on the way. After daughters 3 & 4 got a little bigger no more room so I upgraded to a 96 80 series(stock now, but working on hubby to lift it and remove stupid running boards). I love it too. Hubby and I owned at 40 series for years and had it all over the hills around here. We both cried when we sold it (40s don't communte 100 freeway miles daily very well). When I found my 96 my husband wasn't his usual over excited self, but it keeps impressing him everytime we take it out. He like to tease me about him getting a "real" LC again. (aka 40 series). We have always done all our mechanic work on all our trucks until I bought the 96. Husband retired from his full time mechanic job and refuses to do any more, so it goes to the dealer for work. Very hard to get used to having someone else taking care of my baby so I bought a repair manual off ebay and am going to start trying to do it myself. I have assisted for the last 22 years, so I should be able to do it. (If I make a big enough mess of it, hubby will have to help!) My 96 is an every day driver (had 104k three yrs ago, now 150k, we run the tires off it!) and the poor 4runner is what my 17 year old drives for now. We don't get out wheeling as much as I would like, but I am good at finding the mud puddles by myself or with the girls. I love this sight and am happy to see I am not the only female here!

So Many Beautiful Rigs!!!

Hi,

I'm Erin. I'm from Cedar Falls, Iowa, and pretty new to all of this. My boyfriend has been into Cruisers for a long time. He has a '78 FJ40 that he has been working on for some time and a '98 Taco. He took me to a TLCA event a few weeks ago and now I am HOOKED! I had sooooo much fun.

I don't have a truck of my own yet, but I've been looking around for an 80 series or a Taco. My goal is to get a rig that I can do a little fixing up on (I love working in the garage with my boyfriend), but not one that is about to die (or already dead) either. But for the time being my boyfriend lets me help with his truck and he lets me drive it all over the trails. Maybe I can pick up some good knowledge on here that I can use once I find my LC soulmate!

You guys have some REALLY beautiful vehicles and looking at this thread made me want my own even more!

yup, closely related to a tractor

power steering is for wusses :flipoff2:

hehehehe....i keep telling my young buddy shawn he's a wussy cause he won't go back to moab until he gets power steering on his 40. i rub it in that you're close to twice his age and a woman and you handle a week of wheeling armstrong style just fine. :D

Hi all! My name is Heidi, I live in Providence,RI & currently own a '94 4runner. It is my DD & is stock, but that bugger has made every trail I have taken it on. I find that with the right driving skills, it really doesn't matter how big your rig is, or how many mods it has, there has to be some finesse there too.
I grew up building classic Mustangs & can pull an engine/tranny apart & put it together, but am clueless with all the suspension stuff for wheeling. All I do is listen to what my husband tells me. Maybe I should start reading the Toyota OffRoad instead of just looking at the pics:)
My first trail ride, which was initiated by my husband, on x-mas 2002 (I think), in a 73 chevy step-side (I loved that truck) and I have been hooked ever since. Nowadays, I wheel more then him, cuz his (86 4runner,6" lift, 34 swampers & god know what else) is always broke, and I am ok with the stocker,that is until now. I know longer need it as a DD.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom