Introduction - my 60s (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello all,

Long-time lurker and relatively new 60-serries owner here, just introducing myself and vehicles as suggested. I’ve relied heavily on these forums in the past for other projects / trucks, but never engaged much in the community, something I think I’ll need remedy if I’m going to get through the new projects I have planned. There are two 60’s in the stable at home that I’ve acquired recently, though one looks like destined to become a parts-truck unless I find someone who wants to buy it eventually and loves doing their own rust repairs.

Vehicle 1 – ‘1987’ Canada spec. HJ60, 5-speed (was running and on the road until I started harvesting a few parts from it recently, this one has been eaten by the Canadian winters / salt)
IMG_2283.jpg

Vehicle 2 – ‘1985’ US spec. ‘FJ60’, A440 auto, 12HT swapped – so sort of more like a round headlight HJ61 at heart maybe? Condition is overall very good.
IMG_2294.jpg

Model years are in quotes because both of these vehicles seem to be conglomerates of parts from other trucks from other model years.

Immediate projects:
- Rebuild H55F and swap into FJ60 behind 12HT. Most of the parts I think I need have been yanked from the HJ60, though a few remain. I’ve been trying to find a local shop (Toronto / GTA) to rebuild the transmission / trans with very little luck), leaning toward doing this myself. The goal is to have everything ready to go for the spring when it’s warm enough for me to work in my unheated garage and carry out the actual swap. This gives me all winter to clean up, rebuild, and gather parts (I can work on the trans indoors where it’s heated).

- Clean up and fix wiring on FJ60. I won’t go into details, but the FJ60 / 24v 12HT combo is a mess of 12v and 24v wiring. I think it might have started off ok after the swap, but a few years and a few owners later, and it’s a bit of a disaster of mods and additions.

That’s it for now. There are lots of other things I’d like to get around eventually. I’m sure I’ll be posting regularity looking for advice / feedback.

Cheers.

@KOB ONE , from one canuk to another, welcome aboard this crazy train known as mud :flipoff2:
oh, that driveway sure don't look like it's anywhere close to T.O.:hmm:

Very true - home is Toronto but trucks are parked up at the cottage North of Haliburton ... I brought the H55 back to Toronto for a rebuild over the winter.

nice, you can't hide the north from this old fawker. my in-laws had a small place up by coboconk. it was base camp for wheelin' many a weekend.
may the h55 rebuild go well for ya

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom