Introduction/ AHC tech (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads

Just picked up my LX last tues, been reading here for weeks before picking a low mileage 100.

03, 105k, dealer serviced, TB done at 94k.

AHC: performs well (no reference), raises/lowers quickly to all 3 heights.

Tried to check how many graduations on the resevoir from HI-Lo today and was dissappinted to see almost no change in the "shadow" of the fluid line.

Depression.

Couple hrs later I decided to investigate further. I removed the cap, and filter to look inside. Set the LX to low and shined my phone light against the wall of the resevoir and marked the line. Set the LX to HI and marked a line...8-9 graduations different!!

Pumped. I guess the 13yr old resevoir is stained from the fluid, you can't see the fluid level from outside at all.

Cheers!

Next: flush/fill with new AHC fluid (source?), take some measurements and crank TB's a few even turns, and bump up front Height sensors to level the front. Will I need an alignment? Even if only 1"?

Next: flush/fill with new AHC fluid (source?), take some measurements and crank TB's a few even turns, and bump up front Height sensors to level the front. Will I need an alignment? Even if only 1"?
What's your rationale for cranking TB's?

And if you want to level the front (side to side) don't touch the height sensors, instead use tb's.

For an ahc suspension you should be adjusting torsion bars only to level the front (side to side) or to adjust neutral pressure. If your goal is to get neutral pressure in spec i'd recommend getting the techstream software (mini vci...) and adjusting based on np readings from the software. if you aren't measuring neutral pressure and your front is level already then why touch tb's - are you just assuming neutral pressures up front are too high and cranking tb's will bring them back into spec?

Last edited:
I think he's talking about leveling in respect to front vs back, not side to side.

Yep, raising the front a tad. Wanting a more level stance, but I haven't taken measurements yet.

Just wanted to tell you I love that color! If I could have gotten that with Ivory interior I would have been all over it.

I love this colour as well but I was a lil different and went ahead with 2015 Metallic graphite which has a lil blue flake came on the Hilux Urban Warrior.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom