Introduce Yourself (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hey Everyone, My name is Jay Grant. I live in Mount Pleasant, SC. I would love to be a part of this group, but cannot seem to get the membership link on the website to work. If someone will let me know how to proceed that would be great. I just acquired (saved) a 1988 FJ62 from going to the dump. Its a one owner (my father and law) and he lived in Memphis, TN. He bought it new to travel on an old hunt club he used to be a part of. It has been sitting for over 10 yrs. I have had my eye on it since i first went to visit yrs ago. He was going to sell it to the dump for scrap because they were moving. I got it shipped here and when it came off the truck I gave it a jump and it cranked right up. After a few minor repairs is running great. All it needs is some TLC on the cosmetics over time. The kicker is it only has 112,000 miles!!!
Awesome to hear, I hate to see these trucks go to the dump!

Got back into a 2000 LX and did a mild sensor lift and threw on some 285 KO2s. Nothing crazy but exactly what I wanted, if you see me cruising around give me a honk. Also lived here forever but never looked for any trails to explore if anyone has any recommendations. Might have to drive to NC to find some trails and do some weekend camping.

IMG_2006.jpeg

Hello everyone. New to the Charleston area. I've seen more LC's and GX's in this area than anywhere else I've lived! Not an owner of a LC (would like to be one day) but I do run a GX470. Those allowed in this group? I had to make the choice between a pristine 06 LC and a GX and I went with the GX as it was closer and cheaper. I don't regret the decision but I still feel I'd be more in line with a land cruiser than the GX but I can't complain as it's a solid platform. Hoping to get out and explore soon!

Welcome !

Welcome! GX's are absolutely allowed; we've wheeled with several and they perform fine.

Well hey guys, I know it says I'm from FL, but I've got family in the bluffton/hilton head area that I frequently visit. Names Travis, currently an active duty Navy helo instructor down here but I'm a big fan of where my family lives and the Charleston area (fly to there every few months). Currently rocking a 97 40th 80 series that I picked up a year ago and is undergoing quite the modification from baseline stock to full offroad build phase (just received my Slee bumper today, yay Merry Christmas to myself!) Also this picture is a few months old, currently have WKOR sliders, Trail tailor skid plate, and a few interior goodies from Wits ends and Outsane.

20200422_100347.jpg

How’s it going! A good friend of my @GregFrench introduced me to this group after finding out I drive an 07’ FJ Cruiser, and told me about all the awesome trips/events you guys get up to here! I’m stoked to get more involved and hopefully learn a lot from all of you on how I can treat my car a little better, as well as how to use it to its fullest potential!

Greetings! I purchased a 1984 FJ60 a few weeks ago. I'd love to learn more about the Low Country Land Cruiser group. Is there an updated site?

IMG_4686.jpeg

Welcome!! Hope to see you around soon! Just keep checking back on this forum and maybe on the Upstate Cruisers and Olde North State Cruisers forums! We do some stuff with them too! We have Carolina Relic Run at Uwharrie coming up at the beginning of June and then the Great Smoky Mountain Trailride is going to be in the middle of June! These are two great events that you can consider! That’s a nice 60 btw!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom