Introduce Yourself (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Nice looking pig; there was one in our group on the Hurricane Creek trip June 2-4. Look forward to meeting you and checking out the rig.

Nice to have a pig in the bunch again

I got carded yesterday at the Chick-fil-a on Dorchester in Summerville so figured I would say thanks to whoever it was. Got my 89 about a month ago and have made a good bit of progress but still have a ton left I want to do. I joined a year ago and paid my dues when I had my 85 but never received my packet or had much interaction with the group (my own fault). Checked out the calendar and not sure when I ill be able to make the next event but if anyone gets bored in the next few days or needs help with the hurricane prep let me know. Wife and kids evacuating most likely and I'm gonna ride it out in scummerville. Look forward to meeting up and getting more involved.

Hi all,

I am currently stationed here in Charleston for the Nuclear Power School at JWB Charleston. I have a 1995 LC that I have owned for a little over two years now. I usually get most of my maintenance done at the base auto skills center, but wouldn't mind wrenching with some fellow Toyota owners. Hope I can make it to one of the future events and meet everyone.

IMG_0463_Moment (2).jpg

Richard here. New to ih8mud, but it was recommended by my friend Izzy Sanchez. Not much lurking considering my original registration date, got distracted by other groups.

I live in West Ashley and work on Daniel Island. I drive a 2015 4Runner and it’s fair to say I am one of the new breed Toyota owners. You know what I mean, brand new truck, pays for oil changes, sparkling new tools/gear, fridge in the back, etc. I’m working on remedying that and turning some more wrenches this winter.

I’m a weekend type wheeler. My wife gives me a pass every 2-3 weeks to go to Uwharrie (Daniel is still on the bucket list). I’m always up for a low key cruise around the Francis Marion.

I’ve done quite a few modifications to my 4Runner. I’m most proud of the 4.88 gearing and Radflo ‘extended’ front and long travel rear suspension.

I’d love to make some new connections in the Charleston area and peep some of these great rigs. Owning an FJ40 is a goal of mine.

BbmJ7E2lI6t

(Edit: iPad froze up)

Last edited:
welcome to the madness, hope to see you at a meeting sometime...Our first Christmas party is coming up soon, (family friendly) try to make that.

I'm over in Mt. P and look forward to catching up with you guys, bbq and beer is always a good idea. I'll try to post up a thread on the 40 page of the trip back. If it seems to be doing alright when I get through Colorado, thinking of hopping on the trans american trail through NM, OK and AR. We shall see...
We never heard back from you @lawdawg, I hope you didn't break down and are still hitching a ride back. Give us an update.

Did we every finalize dues for 2018? I want to make sure I am current. Sorry I missed the Christmas party! I'll be up for the next event.

We had our first annual at @Salty Dog 's on the 19th.
Sadly I was sick and couldn't make it.

Just joined and paid my dues, can't wait to go to the meetings and see some more Land Cruisers.
Welcome! :cheers: Tell us about yourself and your 60, and get your profile set-up. We're simple, so pictures go a long way.

Hope to see both of you Monday evening

Pictures will have to wait, just got off work and it's too dark out right now. The 60 is my baby, no rust as far as I can tell besides on the battery tray and I am planning to replace it with one from Stainless Trays, 4" OME Heavy lift from Man It Ain't Free, 33" Duratrac's, de-smogged, besides that it is mostly stock. I am working on a design for a dual battery system, but I want to see a few in person to see how I like them before I finalize the design of mine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom